“Good food, Great location!”

Sports Planet Bar Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 671 Restaurants in Cuenca
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is your typical sports bar, and is located in the Millenium Mall. It is huge, but the food is very good! There is a very wide selection to choose from. Have eaten here several times, and it had been consistently good.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We went for a quiet family dinner and enjoyed the atmosphere while waiting for our ribs to arrive. We watched the rain outside and gathered that fewer people would come out to eat because of it. Our waiter, Miguel I., spoke perfect English and said he had studied at Oxford, England for 8 months. The Sweetheart ribs were bathed in a nice, sweet BBQ sauce. They were good-sized, too. The ribs on my meal measured from 2-4 inches long and had about half an inch of well prepared meat between them. We were a bit surprised by the price, though. It was pretty high, especially for Cuenca. Our pleasant afternoon music to eat by ended at 1:55 with a loud voice over the loudspeakers annoucing the upcoming soccer game to be televised at 2 p.m. After that, anyone visiting in the restaurant had to shout to be heard by the person sitting next to them. Fortunately, we had already ordered dessert. Miguel came by to tell us that it takes a long time to prepare and cook the waffle for the Stadium Waffle dessert I had ordered. Finally it came, I ate quickly so we could get out of there and escape the noise. Even though it is a sports bar, it seemed the volume was louder than necessary for an inconsequential game. Oh, the Stadium Waffle - it was big enough to share, as the menu noted, but really was not worth over $9.00 with the IVA tax added. I can make waffles at home.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

My wife and I recently went to the Sports Planet for dinner. She ordered the burrito. I ordered the steak with mushrooms. Our food was room temperature at best. The waiter seemed preoccupied as the Olympics were on, and he was busy chatting up a couple of college-age girls. He never came back and asked how things were. And I had to track him down to get the bill.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

The burger fit up there with some of the best I have had in Cuenca. The service seemed a bit slow, given how few patrons were present. When I asked for a factura with my cedula, that took another 20 minutes to return with.

Overall, I won't stay away specifically, but there are so many good places so close to hear, that I have not gone back.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

The food was good but not worth the price service was good we hamburgers and two beers each for four and it was over 70$