“burritos and tacos”

Price range: US$4 - US$7
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Restaurant serving typical and authentic Mexican food.
Reviewed 30 April 2017

just one block past the wedge shaped Deli Ital, heading out of town on your left. excellent drinks: pineapple juice-fresh, homemade guac and pico de gallo and hot salsa, so delicious. extremely generous main portions. truly authentic cuisine, all homemade! we both stuffed ourselves for less than 15 bucks!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I came across this place when I was in the area around lunch time. It had a very modest and unimposing presence on the street. In my experience, that could mean that it will be anywhere from awful to amazing, so I decided to try my luck.

There wasn't much to the establishment it's self. Just a pair of small dining rooms with several pictures of iconic Mexican actors.

The service was pretty basic. That's to be expected in any cheap eats type of place. What was not expected was how long it took; usually these places get your food made relatively quickly. It took around 40 minutes and I read through 2 whole chapters in my book while I waited... and I was the only one there the whole time.

When my burrito finally did come it managed to redeem it's self, at least partly. It was a homemade tortilla with pork an pineapple, a combination I had never tried before but one that was quite good. It was better than most food that one can find in this price range, especially for Mexican food.

Since it is good food at a good price, I don't want one experience to keep me ever coming back to try it a second time (sometimes things do happen,) but if I end up with another long wait in an uninteresting setting, it may be the last.

Reviewed 14 March 2015

My family is vegetarian and the cook was very open to making food to our liking. The entrees start at $4, so it is reasonably priced for the quality of food. Also, he is open on Sundays from roughly noon to 4 pm, so it is a good option when most other places are closed.

Reviewed 7 March 2015 via mobile

We had chicken and beef fajitas which were really good!
The only bad thing that evening was the service..the guy was at his own ( he later told us that his partner wouldnt simply show up) and simply completely overstrained. It took him ages to bring the drinks..and we almost starved waiting for the food.
We think that usually it's not like that, so definately a great place to eat!

1  Thank Smauky
Reviewed 25 February 2015

I ordered two tacos, one beef and one chicken. Though I was a weird order, the owner was happy to oblige. Everything has a made from scratch taste and was very good.