“Very good food....pleasant atmosphere....”
Review of Windhorse Cafe - CLOSED

Windhorse Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Windhorse Cafe is open 8am - 3pm Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon & Tues. We serve breakfast all-day, several American type sandwiches, Chef Salad, and a daily special. Lucy's Pies are baked fresh daily. Coffee is freshly brewed and we have an Italian machine for making cappuchino, latte's and espresso. We are a friendly place.
Reviewed 3 June 2018

I dined here a number of times last April-2018-during my stay in Cuenca.The food is very good and the ambience is pleasant.I found the staff friendly-I want to pay tribute to Julia who served me on a number of ocassions.The cafe enjoys a great location on Calle Larga and is deservedly popular...prices are affordable....I am happy to give it 8 out of 10.

Date of visit: April 2018
lucillealtemus, Propietario at Windhorse Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank-you and I will be sure to let Julia know of your praise for her.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Maybe because we don't fit the profile of "white gringos" but after eating here 5-6 times we decided to stop coming here. It honestly seems like a place where white people talk conspiracy theories. How do I know? Because everyone talks ridiculously loud and takes up the space surrounding the restaurant. The last time I was there I overheard a guy talking about how the United States controlled the last big earthquake that hit Ecuador's coast. The worst part? Other people started agreeing with him.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank jenerator21
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Owners, Craig and Lucy, and their staff, Julia and Miriam, put their hearts and souls into their breakfast, lunch, and dessert offerings. We ate here just about every day for some meal or carry-out. We were always welcomed, enjoyed the fresh and healthy food, and engaged in interesting conversations with other customers. This is one of our favorite spots in Cuenca!! Muchas gracias - Susana and Garito - Detroit

Date of visit: January 2018
lucillealtemus, Propietario at Windhorse Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi Susana Y Garito, We all enjoyed having you come every morning! & our son-in-law was thrilled with his cap! Thank-you for everything.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

This place is great! A total gem. One of the best things they have here (in my opinion) is malted milkshakes. So excited to be able to have one when I was pregnant! I give the place 4 stars because its small and the tables seem crowded together when the place is full. Nice people, good service, great food. Will be back!

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank MangoJangoTango
lucillealtemus, Propietario at Windhorse Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Glad you enjoyed our malted milkshake. We make vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee, mocha and can even do banana. Thank-you for coming and for your review.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

This is a great place to hang out, eat some wonderful food and visit with kind people. Every time I have been to this warm and inviting place, it has been pleasant and fun.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Dean J
lucillealtemus, Propietario at Windhorse Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Thank-you for writing us this flattering opinion!