All reviews front desk taxi ride star hotel center city totally recommend this hotel floor heating breakfast buffet great bakery hotel is modern the river heated pool service oriented safe area spoke very good english rooms are great the hotel offers old town
Reviewed 1 February 2016

Very Kind Staff People and Breakfast! It's only a little bit far from The Old Center and the most activities in Cuenca. The swiming pool should be warmed, although the weather is hot, warm water is everything when relaxing is all of you want. It's a Good Hotel.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Dear Guest Juliocesarbat,

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your comment.

We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our service and our Hotel.

Oro Verde Cuenca Hotels is your home in our beautiful city!

Best regards.

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

We spent only one night in Cuenca and stayed here because we have stayed at other Oro Verde hotels. The staff was friendly and helpful, even arranging transportation to Guayaquil for us. Our room was clean with new furnishings, large, and tastefully decorated. My only reason for not giving 5 stars is that the shower was very moldy and they do not supply or even have wash cloths which is something I really like.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Dear Carol R,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We are glad you enjoyed the comfort of our room, however, we are so very sorry to learn that on this occasion we did not deliver the high standards of customer service we are known for. We will consider your suggestions because we are constantly looking at ways in which we can improve and your feedback plays an integral part of this process.

At the Oro Verde Cuenca we consistently strive for excellence in all that we do, we therefore appreciate and understand it only through listening and encouraging such feedback that will assist us in identifying any areas that require immediate improvement.

We hope to have the future opportunity to restore your faith in The Oro Verde Cuenca Hoteles. I request please that on your next visit you make your reservation directly to my personal email mferrari@oroverdehotels.com in order to personally welcome you.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

The staff is one of the best I have ever encountered. They treated us like family, called the doctor immediately when one of us was not feeling okay and offered to go buy any medicine we needed. They were truly worried about us.
The food was excellent!. The room was spacious and very comfortable (although the air conditioning could have been stronger).
Overall, this is a great option in a beautiful city like Cuenca.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Dear Guest Ramona G,

What a Wonderful Review!!! Thank you!!!

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your SPLENDID and FLATTERING comment.

You are really important to us, as winners of the 2016 Travelers Choice we take care of every detail in order to make you feel better than in your own home, Oro Verde Cuenca Hotels is your home in our wonderful city, we look forward to see you soon!!!

Oro Verde Cuenca Hotels is your home in our beautiful city! we look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

This fully modern hotel was a much better value than others in the city, probably because it's not in the historic center. Our local contacts thought this was the best hotel too. We loved that they had a helipad painted in the parking lot, but I'm sure no one ever used it. A quick cab ride or 25 cent bus ride brings you right into the center.

Room Tip: We had a suite and standard room at the end of the hall, which was great for an extra living room.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Dear L G,

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your flattering and splendid comment.

Best regards.

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

New management 4 years ago and a big renovation has taken this hotel from unworthy of a visit, to a gem in a beautiful city.

This is the first time I stay in this hotel, although I've come to eat a few times before.
I was in shocked with the change, rooms were completely new, wood floors, no carpet, marble bathroom counter, allot of water flow, nice mattress and pillow.

Great breakfast and dinner at the hotel.

Even the security guard helped us with the baggage when we arrived with our own car at the garage at the back.

They have a semi enclosed outdoor area with gas heaters and tables. Great seating for night card games or a cigar.

I was approached by the general manager to ask me how was my stay and what can improve, and I really couldn't find anything to tell him, even I was amazed.

Great job
Will be back.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Dear Guest WorldTrotter100K_Y,

Wow!!! what a FANTASTIC review!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your EXCEPCIONAL, SPLENDID and FLATTERING comment.

You are really important to us, and that is why we take care of every detail in order to make you feel better than in your own home.