“Pig-cyles ”
Review of Ribs and More

Ribs and More
Ranked #136 of 656 Restaurants in Cuenca
Price range: US$2 - US$21
Description: American style BBQ restaurant with smoker on the premises so you can smell the smoke as you walk in the grounds. The specialties are Ribs, pulled Pork, Brisket and amazing cakes. This is the only Smokehouse in Cuenca, we do 90% smoked items. Of course we have some items like sides and others that are ideal for those who don't like smoke so you can also come buy. The best french onion soup in Cuenca, made from a rich beef broth.
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I ordered the baby back ribs with Cole slaw and Fries! What an excellent choice i had made! Our server was attentive and helpful. The feel of the place is like being in someone home eating great food! My two friends David and Elena had found this place and had invited me for lunch. when winter arrived I could pick one look at it and tell you it look great three choices barbecue sauce hot me them in my old course I went for the hot and my first bite told me what I wanted to know yeah these tasted like a real down home texting style Southern Carolina style ribs. So tender so delicate melt in your mouth. Some kinda down home delicious ! Im won over . If these weren't the best ribs in South America I like to have some of these show me where I can find better. Not that I would go there because this place has a nice touch and elegant classy feel to it. The location is great under some trees nice and cool across the street is a park and there's plenty of parking. I would have stayed longer but I had to get back home.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Ribs and more did not disappoint! The pulled pork, beef brisket, potato salad and banana split cake were great. The service was super and the owners were so friendly. They came out and sat down and talked with us. I would recommend Ribs and More to anyone. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Amazing smoked ribs. First time there for dinner, we ordered the full-size baby back ribs and full-size St Louis ribs. These are smoked on site, and come to the table "dry" and you can add the sauces there and mix and match if you wish. The "smoke ring" was obvious and mouth-watering. The entrees came with 2 sides each. The French fries, baked beans and chili con carne were excellent. We didn't try some of their salads - next time. And there were 3 BBQ sauces that we could use at the table - all were delightfully tasty and tangy. More than enough to fill us thoroughly, and still take some home. Since we made room for their delicious homemade carrot cake with buttercream frosting.

The staff and owners were pleasant and attentive. Do search on Facebook for them - search for CostillasYMas so you get all their hours and updates. Apparently, they are open for lunch too Wed-Sat from noon-3 (maybe they open a bit earlier like 11:30) and for dinner Wed-Sat 5 - 10 or so. And Sunday from noon-5 PM.

They did doing a wine-tasting recently which sounds very cool - requires reservations though, and they had some special food items available for that tasting too.

When we went back for lunch, we both ordered the brisket (1/2 pound each) with sides - the potato salad is terrific! And the brisket was very tasty too. Again the carrot cake was delicious and I tried their cheesecake. Coffee was well made (real!) and terrific!

We're looking forward to trying them again for lunch and dinner again.

Address: Carlos Teran y Julio Matovelle - frente al Parque de las Candelas

Contact information: robert@ribsandmore.ec

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I've eaten several times at ribs and more and their food is amazing! I love saint Louis ribs and recent I bought from them a whole carrot cake made by Karen (pastry chef and owner). I highly recommend it. Best smoked ribs I've ever had!!

Robert L, Owner at Ribs and More, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you very much. Our customers challenge us to do better. Thanks again for the kind words. My wife is a great pastry chef, I know, my waist line suffered for many years :)

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Wonderful food! We had the St. Louis Ribs, pulled pork and amazing beef brisket. The flavor was outstanding and the portions very large. These are U.S. standard ribs. We also started with leek and potato soup that was superb. The sides; chili, french fries, pasta salad and baked beans were also delious. You have to have the carrot cake for desert, it was just like my grandmother made and very moist; it was amazing. The prices are very reasonable too. They have plenty of room for private parties and Bob, the owner and BBQ chef came out to speak with us.