See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a week for a business related trip. The room was spacious and had a great view looking out at the river behind the hotel. The staff did a good job of communicating in English. Served a hot breakfast each morning.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night. The room was ok, but the installations are so old that our lamp had a short-circuit and the entire room was full of smoke. We had to run out. They changed us to another room which had the problem that when you turned tv on the lights went off.
At check out not one single apology and no discounts for the inconveniences even when we asked.

And the price is too high for what you get.

Awful service, don't go there ever

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Gaby V
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have no positive feedback to share about this hotel. It has no character, offhand service, long dark tiled corridor walkways above a car park, and no outside access. The beds were a bit grubby, a bit damp,and the bathroom had mould. The water in the shower only rached luke-warm. The breakfast was very basic for the inflated price of the hotel. There was little or no internet access in the rooms, and the safe in my room didn't work, a large noisy fridge was provided, with not one thing in it. I was there for a business trip, and it was a very depressing place to stay

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank verycoldsea
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Nothing positive about this hotel. Really cold and apalling service. I don't undestand how they can get away with changing over 100 usd a night. There are beautiful hotels in the historic centre that cost a lot less!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank lonelyiguana
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My husband and I were traveling with his mother and our teen aged son. We had read a lot of reviews for great hotels in Cuenca but unfortunately could not find one that could accomadate four people in one room. A friend of my husbands in Ecuador said to try this hotel so we did. They had a suite with a main room including kitchenette and separate bedroom too. We had plenty of room for the four of us (room could have slept 7). The room was fairly clean but run down and had mold on the bathroom crown molding. There is no heat in the room and my mother-in-law (from Guayaquil, EC) was very cold. Thankfully we called the front desk and they were able to provide a space heater to help her be more comfortable. The price of the room did include a really good hot breakfast each morning. The staff went out of their way to assist in any way possible and were very friendly and courteous. I gave it three stars because of the "rundown" room and the lack of heat.

Room Tip: If you need a hotel room for a family this could work for you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family