“Fanesca!”
Review of Grecia

Grecia
Ranked #271 of 664 Restaurants in Cuenca
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Fanesca is a traditional Ecuadoran soup served only during the Easter holidays. I tried the Fanesca at Grecia and enjoyed it. It's full of grains (supposedly 12 different grains to symbolize the 12 apostles), beans, potatoes, a creamy broth, avocado, and salted fish. I'l try it again. Prices at Grecia are reasonable and the service was good.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

We came in for lunch special and for $3 we got soup, a plate lunch with chicken and pork with a small salad. They served it with a fruit drink that was unfamiliar to me but good with the meal. It was good and came back for an evening meal. Again the service was perfect. We shared an awesome Greek salad, Spaghetti Carbonara, and a seafood mix spaghetti and cervechi. All was cooked/served to perfection and very affordable. Servers were attentive and not intrusive.

Reviewed 24 January 2015 via mobile

Nothing Greek about it. We ordered chicken and fish both came pounded looking like a piece of cardboard the sauce on the fish didn't help.

Reviewed 22 September 2014

I usually try and avoid writing poor reviews, but a week ago Saturday we stopped in for their almuerzo, and for the first time ever in Cuenca we had very poor soup as a first course. It was a very thin, tasteless broth with a chunk of 'mystery' beef - really, could not eat it. Second course was a bit better - a chicken dish with rice. Strange - the postre was a tablespoon of jello covered by a tiny scoop of ice cream. The waiter brought it while we were eating the soup. I'm a bit puzzled by this meal - wonder if anyone else has had a good lunch there and can write about it?

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Passing a small Pan eatery in Cuenca, There is a recessed walk that leads you to the door of a very quiet and casual place to sit, eat and converse. I have to say that since I arrived at about 7:20pm, I was one of three people there (and they both finished their meals and left shortly after I arrived). The hostess was very pleasant and accommodating for a gringo like me that can read spanish off a menu but can barely hold my own in conversation. I had the cafe con leche, bottled water, a very full bowl of Spaghetti Carbonara and three garlic french bread all for an expensive $8.50. The food was delicious and the Carbonara is only bested by the dish I had in Rome, Italy. I highly recommend that if you want a night out and you are in Cuenca, head on over to Grecia and enjoy a very nice night out at a price your pocketbook will like.

1  Thank Tony L