“Great food at good prices”
Review of El Pedregal Azteca

El Pedregal Azteca
Ranked #52 of 671 Restaurants in Cuenca
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: El Pedregal Azteca has preserved traditional Mexican cuisine since 1989. We offer a wide variety of Mexican food, such as burritos, tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, mole, poblano, etc. You can also enjoy a variety of Mexican and international drinks. Ask about our Margarita, the best in town. From Tuesday to Friday we offer a mexican lunch wich includes: Soup, Main course, Drink ( water or soda) and dessert. $6.50. We have extensive experience with over 26 years of service. We are located in a beautiful restored and cozyhouse . Visit us you will love the food and the place ...
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Well prepared, fresh food. Wonderful salsa picante. Lunch special included soup, enchiladas or tacos, and dessert for $6.50. Excellent service.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our dinner and the atmosphere of this restaurant. The sopa de tortilla was tasty, the tacos flavorful, and the enchiladas well prepared. The margaritas are 2x1 after 7:00 pm. To correct a misunderstanding mentioned in another review, a glass of lemonade is reasonably priced at $2.50, while a one liter pitcher that serves four costs $9.00. We shared a dessert and our bill was less than $40. The service was good despite the busy Friday evening we were there.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Well we really enjoyed our enchiladas ... the flavors where wonderful ...we are looking forward to go back... the service was good the ambiance very nice

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Hi
We were two days have a great Mexican launch and mango fresh fruit as desert, also they have lots of Mexican dishes we enjoyed the atmosphere there I recommend for the food and the clean neat place. Thanks María.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

My sisters and I were looking for a good Mexican restaurant so we looked at reviews. El Pedregal looked great so we headed over for dinner. After being seated it took about 10 minutes to get the menus. It's a bit pricey compared to other places, but we were looking forward to some good food. My sister ordered a burrito without beans but was informed that they only made burritos with beans. We got a nacho platter as an appetizer which was the only part of the meal that we enjoyed. Our chicken quesadillas did not have 'queso' it was just a fried tortilla with shredded chicken. When we asked the waiter why there was no cheese, he rudely informed us that a quesadilla did not necessarily have cheese. What is a quesadilla without cheese? My chilaquiles were just a plate of tortilla chips drowning in a lackluster green sauce. There was a little cheese on top and four small slices on onion. I rarely send back food, but I sent this back and they didn't offer me a different dish or a better rendition of what I ordered. They then charged me half price for a meal that I didn't eat. This restaurant tries too hard to come across as trendy and sophisticated when it is really non-authentic mediocre versions of good Mexican food. The servers were neither attentive nor helpful. I would not recommend this restaurant, I don't know how it has so many positive reviews.