All reviewsquiet streetplaza fochhot watersecurity gateexcellent place to staysmall hotelcommon areasthe hotel staffnoisereceptionistecuadorlaundryairporthummingbirdsneighborhoodtaxis
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This hotel is a very pleasant and convenient option in a wonderful city like Quito. Location is perfect close to many restaurants, coffee places, touristic bus stop, and handicrafts market. The breakfast is very good. The Wi-Fi works great. But the most important thing is the wonderful and warm attitude of the staff, they were very helpful and always smiling. They really represent the characteristic kindness of Ecuadorian people.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HLachowicz, Manager at Cayman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. You encourage us to keep working hard to provide the highest quality of services to our guests. We will share your review between the people that work at the Cayman, surely everyone will be happy to know the qualities of our staff you have pointed out.

Hope to see you soon at the cayman!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I had a really great time in the hotel. Everything is totally clean (daily room service) and the staff was really really nice and friendly (24h-available). The room isn't that big, but big enough for one person. I slept in a comfortable bed, I could sit on a table to write my postcards and the bathroom was good, too.
Every day I had breakfast with fresh fruits, fresh juice and a lot of other good things (coffee, tea, bread, egg...).

The only tiny thing I could criticize:
When the window is open, you can hear the traffic (but I think in Quito the traffic is everywhere loud) and some people fooling around - espacilly on the weekend, because the hotel is close to the party area.

However, you are really close to bars, shops and even at night it is safe.

So, if you're looking for a good place to sleep - go to Cayman, I really recommend this hotel!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

HLachowicz, Manager at Cayman Hotel, responded to this review
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service, cleanliness and good breakfast. Our staff members take their roles in our hotel very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Sometimes external street sounds can bother guests, this is why we offer everyone free earplugs, which are available for free at the reception desk.

Thank you again for your nice reviews. Comments like yours encourage us to keep working hard to make our guest happy. Hope to see you soon back at the Cayman!

Best Regards,
The Cayman Staff

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Whenever I'm in Quito, this is where I choose to stay! I've stayed here alone, with family, with friends, and most recently with my boyfriend. The staff is warm and welcoming, the rooms are cute and clean, the beds are comfortable, and the location is perfect. The hotel is a short walk to Plaza Foch, and since it is located in a busier area, there is added security in the form of a locked gate. Staff will also call you a safe taxi whenever you need one if you ask at reception. Prices are good, especially considering the location, breakfast, and excellent service. There is also a common area with a TV, movies, and games that guests are welcome to use, and you can store your bags at the hotel if you're traveling outside of Quito but plan to return. I have nothing but good things to say about my multiple stays at the Hotel Cayman (and the fact that I keep returning speaks volumes in and of itself!). The delicious chocolates that they leave on the pillows are also a nice touch :-)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
hcayman, Manager at Cayman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We, as a team, really appreciate your message, as it motivates us to keep trying our best to provide the best quality of service to our guests. We love to hear back from our guests every time they stay with us and more when they have had a good experience.

It is great to know you like the rooms and that you evaluate our staff as warm and welcoming. We are very happy to know you like our hotel and that you constantly choose us back. We are always happy to see you again.

Have a great day,
The Cayman staff

Reviewed 8 May 2017

This small hotel offered amazing service. The staff was very kind and understandable. My return flight was at 23:30 and although check-out is at noon, they let me keep my bags in my room until I left to the airport after dinner. On the days when I had an early tour planned, they made sure to prepare an earlier breakfast. The noise at the hotel was very quiet, although the outdoor noise from Quito could still be heard. The hotel was very clean, and so was the room. No problem with any bugs, the beds were made daily and the towels were changed daily. There is a security gate at the entrance and you need to press the buzzer so that the receptionist lets you in. They also kept our keys at the reception every time we went out, to avoid losing them. The hotel is a 3 minutes walk from Plaza Foch, and the hotel staff did a great job calling me a taxi if every I went anywhere a little farther to make sure I was safe.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
hcayman, Manager at Cayman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Christina,

Thank you for your thorough and candid review of you stay hotel at our hotel. We are so glad you mentioned the early breakfast and late check, as we try to make our guests feel at home and make they stay away from home as easy as possible. We appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff as we enjoy the opportunity to create an amazing experience for each and every guest. We look forward to hosting you again as your travel brings you back to Quito.

Kind regards,
The Cayman Staff

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I stayed three Nights at the hotel Cayman and really enjoyed it.
My check-in was very early - no problem for the staff, offering tea / coffee and fruits (available throughout the whole day. Great as I came from a longer Trip: my laundry was ready at the same day.
Very nice and helpful staff.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Silke L
hcayman, Manager at Cayman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Hello Silke!

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us and other guests about your experience at the Cayman. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the little treats we have prepared for our guests. Our goal is to make our guests feel at homeland to ensure them the highest quality of an experience. Hope to see you soon in Quito!