See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Besides being in an excellent location for tourists - right in the Mariscal/New Town area and close to the Historic Center - Los Alpes is a cozy place to stay. The family that runs this place is very kind and helpful. They've also done a great job keeping the rooms clean and comfortable. You won't have a flat screen TV in your room, but you'll have a spacious living quarters decorated in an old-timey and eclectic style. There's also breakfast included, which I really appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Let me focus first on what I value the most: quick check-in (within 5 minutes, just wow), clean room, friendly staff. All was exceptional at Los Alpes. I arrived t midnight (my plane landed at 11PM), and the owners allowed me to keep my room till 9MP next day; I greatly appreciate that.

However, what really is valuable in the hotel is that you feel like at home. It is an old house, and very authentic. It is filled with well-selected furniture that tells you are in an Ecuadorian house, not in a modern glass-and-concrete hotel. The carpets might be old, some tiles are cracked, but exactly that creates the impression of an authentic house. The comforter was amazing – you need to touch it. In the morning, I did not want to leave the room. I walked around the house looking at the setting of every corner.

You always see the owners and they are very friendly. In the evening, you can watch TV with Claudio senior. I was very touched when Claudio Jr. (yes, there are two owners both named Claudio) rushed to turn on the light at the corner of the living room where I was plugging in my phone.

Great place, great find, highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Volga981
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at Los Alpes on two separate nights in late March/early April. They stored our luggage during the day as we explored Quito and gave us a chance to freshen up before leaving for the airport. They were forthcoming with advice on where to go and where to eat.
The rooms are not the latest in furnishing but have character. Furthermore they are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a quiet street. All rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife had stayed at Los Alpes 15 years ago and loved it. We are on our third night and Claudio and his staff have provided for a wonderful stay once again. Breakfast has been simple (eggs, toast, coffee or tea), provided quickly to get us on our way seeing the sites of Quito - old town in one direction and the newer parts of town in the other. We are two blocks from the Cultural Museum which is a must see for the history of Ecuador and just off major streets for ease of transportation. But the hotel has been very quiet at night. Claudio has helped arranged for some of our transportation needs which has been great.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A very romantic remembrance for my just-married japanese wife and my baby daughter. We spent 3-4 memorable days in that very warm place. Discussing boxing techniques with the, at-that-time-owner....
Then we flew to Manaus, forgetting my wedding ring in the room.
What was the surprise when back in Paris, 2 months later, I received a letter, with my ring inside. Still with my wife, adding one more daughter, but always remember of the kindness of this man (I hope still alive) and his daughter.
Now living in Thailand, I miss that place and hope to go back there one day!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family