All reviewsgreat hotelstayed hereattached restaurantlocal foodsspoke very good englishcentral locationwould stay here againrooms are spaciousnice roomplaza fochtaxi ridetop floorold citycanoaminibarneighborhoodpros
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Rooms have a good size and a cool view of the city. Great location, walking distance to some of the best restaurants in the city. However the hotel is super noisy, you can here the people waking in the corridors, the rooms around you and from the street.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Rio0Amazonas, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rio Amazonas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear guest,
Thanks for staying with us and for giving your feedback.
We have a Project in the hotel for reduce the noisy, so we can make your stay confortable.
We hope to have you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We usually stayed in a hotel just right in the heart of Plaza Foch, but we chose this one because it was not too near not too far from it which was perfect because we wanted to avoid noise and we travelled with kids. But at the end the end the noise in the hotel was extreme, if we compare it with other hotel that is next to all that noise. Apart from that the hotel is nice, not such a big deal but nice, and staff is fine, not very welcome in the beginning but then were better. Booking "Genius" status allowed me to get a free drink that never happened, and minibar costs are expensive, but well this happens for all hotels.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Leighton Q
Rio0Amazonas, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rio Amazonas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Guest:
Thanks for stay with us and for all your comments.
We are trying to work for the noise at the rooms. And I am glad that our staff get more friendly during your stay.
We will take all your advices to get better.
Sincerly Regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Pros: As a solo female traveler I need to feel safe above all else. Next I prefer a clean space. Finally, I like a central location that is easy to go on excursions from. This hotel met all criteria. The bonus was 24 hour room service and an extra friendly staff. Enough staff knew enough English to make a translator unnecessary.
Cons: unfortunately while the location is very centrally located and was only a few blocks from one of the top pick up locales for day trips (to Mindo, Papallacta, Quilotoa, etc), the area unfortunately is a bit run-down and polluted. Also, the next door restaurant leaves their bread and coffee out overnight (as it's 24 hours). While nice in theory, this inevitably creates stale bread and coagulated milk (it's heated). However if you come to breakfast (included in the price of the room!) after 6ish everything including the bread, coffee and fruit is fresh and very yummy.
Finally, I must add that the staff was extremely helpful when my luggage was stuck in Miami. They continually called the airline and the airport.
For budget and solo travelers, I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 14 August 2017

Dear Nicole:
Thanks for stay in our hotel and for you feedback. It is always very important for us to improve what are you saying. We will work to improve the noise and also, I will tell to the food and beverage manager to improve the bread and coffee station in our breakfast.
Thanks for being part of our hotel in your stay .

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I loved this hotel. I stayed here before I moved to Quito. Rooms are spacious, breakfast was good and I had a great view of the volcano. It is pretty close to the La Mariscal area and a few hundred meters from the Central Park. I would stay here again!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
HotelRioAmazonas, Director de Recepción at Hotel Rio Amazonas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear guest:
Thanks for stay with us and choose our hotel.
We are glad that you had an awesome experience.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Staying in the Mariscal area promises to give you plenty of options for fun, but it also means a lot of noise in the early morning hours. This hotel is in a safe area but since it's nearby several clubs/bars I had trouble sleeping. Thankfully the Australian tennis championship was taking place so I had things to do when I was woken up at 3am. But be prepared for taxis or people yelling at these hours. On the plus side, the morning breakfast opened around 5am. The hotel was a short 3 minute walk to the Magic Bean Restaurant if you're taking any day trips with local tour companies - which I highly recommend! And with a 10 minute walk, you're at the Mercado Artesanal where you can buy some beautiful ponchos, scarves and other souvenirs. I only wish this hotel offered a gym and a heater since it does get cold in Quito in the evenings. But nevertheless, the staff were very supportive and friendly during my first visit to Quito.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A
HotelRioAmazonas, Gerente at Hotel Rio Amazonas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear Michael,

First of all thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property, we always love reading about our guests stays and how we can contribute to make them everyday a new and more wonderfull experience. As you point out, being in such a central area there is always space for anything, being close to everything is always a plus, however high amounts of transit and traffic can discomfort out light sleepers, this however, is always unnoticed due to our great quality service and our ability to make our guests have a great time during their stay in the city, always ready to recomend new and exciting adventures to embark on during you trip. We are constantly growing on infrastructure and I can promise that soon we will be giving our guest new surprises, just as we did with our new Cafeteria and our Lounge-Bar which just recently opened for our guests to enjoy their welcome drinks.
Thank you again for being so thorough on your review, and we hope to have you again soon back with us.