All reviewshigh teabeautiful hotelmashpi lodgethe plaza san franciscoold townrestored mansionluxury hotellocal fruitrooftop terraceturn down servicefresh flowersthree nightscevichethird floorfamily homeloved this hotellatin america
Reviewed 1 March 2017

We loved staying at Casa Gangotena several weeks ago. It is in a great location, great food, AMAZING service and beautiful! I needed to keep some medecine cold and when I asked if I could put it in their frig, they even offered if I preferred to have a refrigerator put in my room. They were one step ahead in every way. Had a great dinner there (which we split one entree- plenty) and the included breakfast was SUPER! Highly recommend - a bit pricey, but if you can pay for it, well worth it.

Room Tip: Don't know; I asked for and got a "quiet room" -
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Juan David E, Manager at Casa Gangotena, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear Sue C
Thank you much for your kind review, I’m pleased to know that our property filled your expectations and that you liked our breakfast, truly hope we can have another opportunity to welcome you at Casa Gangotena.
Warm regards

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We stayed her for 3 nights while passing through to the Galapagos Islands. We arrived at 3am because of flights and the hotel sent up sandwiches and drinks. The service was great and the hotel was beautiful. The staff was very nice and helpful. If I am going to go to Quito I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear 2lilly2
Thank you very much for your kind feedback about your stay at Casa Gangotena and thank you for sharing it with all TripAdvisor community. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in our property and specially that our staff was helpful.
We looking forward you welcome you again in the future, here in your home away from home.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! The location is perfect and the hotel is beautiful. The food in the restaurant is delicious! The ceviche and fritada were amazing! Really recommend this place to stay or to have lunch.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Dear VickyQE

Thank you very much for you kind review. It is an honor for us to receive this warm review from you. I’m glad you found our hotel and our service amazing. We hope to have the opportunity to be your host again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed six nights at this beautiful hotel. The rooms are elegant and the service very good. The opportunity to order off the menu for the inclusive breakfast was greatly appreciated. The banana pancakes were fabulous. Dinners were equally good and we ate the majority of our dinners at the hotel. The new manager gave us a warm welcome when we arrived and checked on our stay several times.
Our original room facing the city street was noisy. Garbage pick up from underground containers at midnight was followed by street cleaning. Night supervisor, Dario went beyond the call of duty to move us to a quiet room facing the courtyard in the middle of the night. Thereafter, our sleep was peaceful and uninterrupted.
Unemployment in Quito is about 22 percent and street begging was common. Perfectly safe immediately around the hotel during the day but we did not feel comfortable taking our usual run on city streets outside of typical business hours. Sidewalks in the city are narrow which would have made a downtown run a challenge. Those were our only two concerns in an otherwise perfect visit.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Deb Z
Thank you very much for your kind feedback about your stay at Casa Gangotena and thank you for sharing it with all TripAdvisor community. I’m glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay in our property and specially that our night supervisor services was helpful.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

A wonderful hotel with gorgeous rooms; 20 ft. Ceilings; luxury bath; comfortable beds, lovely bar; restaurant, slippers, bathrobes. Great location in Quito. A short walk to the central city plaza; also to a shopping/artistic area called el rondo. Bought some great chocolates there.
The city is at 9000 feet, so if you are coming from sea level, there may be some adjustment. I could not handle the Rocky Mountain National Park at 15,000 feet or Pikes Peak, but was pleasantly surprised to see how well I adapted to Quito. My Fitbit indicated I walked over 10,000 steps, and half of it was uphill, but I only had to stop once to catch my breath.
Stayed here on the way to Galápagos Islands with Uncruise Vacations. We had a good experience with them in Alaska, and figured we would be treated well on an active experience. So far, so good!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Juan David E, Manager at Casa Gangotena, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear Mike G
Please accept my apologies for not getting back to you earlier. It is indeed an honor for us to receive such a warm review from you. I’m glad you found our hotel suitable for you and I’m also pleased to hear that you were well adapted to Quito. Hope you had a beautiful experience at Galapagos too.