All reviews cool travelers plaza foch recommend staying here comfortable beds wifi nightlife
Reviewed 7 April 2016

The positives were that the bed was comfortable, room was big and the lockers had power points. Showers were not bad. The wifi was pretty reliable as well.
The kitchen was pretty bad, the place was kinda in mid renovation so there was some drilling etc. The staff seemed to change everyday and when I checked in they showed me my bed and that was it. Had to find the bathrooms and wander around to figure out where everything was and ask for the wifi password which was a about 15 numbers, that was amusing to write down. The best part of my stay was getting my laundry done, gave it to them when I checked in asked for it 2 days in a row and they ever changing desk person said it wasn't there, finally the owner found it in an unmarked rubbish bag under some stuff and he kindly didn't make me pay. There was some clothes missing (amusingly I got one sock back, did they think I gave them 1 sock?) which I told the new face at reception, she said she'd call the laundry and find out whether they still had them (I doubted it) but when I followed up it was a offhanded 'no'.
It's only clothes, I can replace them, but it would be nice if people working in the customer service industry at least pretended to care for their guests.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank caitlinm683
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

Planned a few days in Quito so booked 4 nights, stayed for 1.
Staff mostly don't speak English, the ones that do are genuinely not keen to help and questions about the buses ect had to be forced out of them. Location is good if you love to party, otherwise there are a few expensive, but average restaurants around.
The whole place is in a state of disrepair, it's under renovation and everything is dirty and dusty yet they try insist you don't wear shoes. Our room was dirty, cold and the curtains wear completely see-through. Never got our 'included' towel and the bathrooms are an odd setup with few between a many rooms.
Not in a fit state to be accepting bookings.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Spent one night here when I needed to do a layover in Quito. I essentially wanted a cheap place to crash; that's what I got. The bed was your standard metal bunk bed (read: wobbly) and not particularly large. Not the best sleep I've had, though I have had worse. The hostel was not the cleanest place in the world, but, again, I've seen much worse. There definitely was a lively atmosphere downstairs; good for meeting people. If you're picky in any way, this is not a place for you. If you just need a cheap place to crash, this is it.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

After reading all the positive reviews I was looking forward to staying here. However, this hostel should be shut down as its under going major renovations at the moment.

We were woken up to drilling and hammering at 7am. The noise was surrounding us from every direction. They were renovating the bar area, reception and turning the room next to the dorm room I was sleeping in, a bathroom/shower room. The floor was dug up and holes in it. Not to mention the numerous wires and cables freely dangling from the ceiling. I would say operating as a functional hostel poses as a major health and safety issue! There was dust being blown up through our windows and covered our beds and clothes.

We had booked for 2 nights but in the end had to get a refund for the last night as the amount of dust and noise made it unbearable to stay another night.

I understand that renovations are needed to upkeep the place but the hostel needed to warn customers of the work and interruptions as well as give a discounted rate for all the inconvenience.

You can definitely find a better place to stay. Seems to me like the renovations will be going on for a few more months!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Fun and Friendly staff! This place is ideal for any traveler or backpacker who is on a limited budget. It's a little old but you don't need luxury when you are jumping around so much. I was relieved to find that they have a luggage room when I arrived.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo