All reviews great kitchen hot water clean dorms old town construction work well equipped kitchen homey place big lockers home away from home bunk beds hour reception south america roof terrace cleaned daily other guests historic center after dark
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We recently stayed at Hostal Revolution for 3 nights when visiting Quito and we were so impressed with the hostel! Our private room was perfect with such a comfy bed. The whole hostel is spotlessly clean, there are plenty of bathrooms and showers for the number of guests, and the kitchen is so well stocked with new kitchen utensils and everything you could need to cook your meals. There is a roof terrace and a couple of other areas to eat meals etc. The owner of the hostel was so helpful with advise about things to do in Quito and onward travel etc. The hostel is really well located too, a short walk from the old town and with shops near by. I was slightly concerned about the safety of the neighbourhood when we booked this but we felt safe during our stay at Revolution. I would really recommend this hostel to anyone going to Quito.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for nearly two weeks and I loved every moment. The staff were friendly, the place super clean and comfortable and the rooms were quiet.
The hostel is only a stones throw from all the sites.
The kitchen is big and well stocked for backpackers.
Everything you could need for a stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I was in Ecuador for two weeks with the first part of the trip going south into the Andes and the second part down on the coast. When I first arrived, I stayed at Hostel Revolution and found immediately that this was a great place to be. Since I would be in Quito in the beginning, middle, and end of my trip I decided to use Hostel Revolution as home base and definitely found that it was like having a home away from home. Sandra (the owner) was very kind and accommodating, willing to store some of my stuff while I was away on excursions, and while in some other hostels the front door is wide open to whomever wants to wander in, a stay at Hostel Revolution will land you with a key to the always locked front door, and a sense of security that both your things and your entire stay will be safe. There was no craziness going on at Hostel Revolution but rather a lot of great people in a quiet and "chill" environment with a full kitchen, clean common areas, nice showers and bathrooms, comfy beds, tidy rooms, and a decent view of Quito from the rooftop. The prices are cheap and the hostel is situated in a very good location between Old Town and the hipper party town area. I would definitely stay there again and would also recommend the place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Had a great stay, very clean and tidy. Central to the city, safe and welcoming. Sandra the owner was very helpful. My son recommended this place and I can see why. Eating places and supermarket close by, also good ATM around the corner.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the 6 bed dorm for 2 nights during our time in Quito. Sandra and the volunteers were lovey and really helpful at giving us advice. There's also a notice board with info on how to get to Mitad del Mundo without using a tour (recommended if you're in a budget)

Bunk beds are big and comfortable and everything was really clean.

Kitchen is very well equipped so you can make a decent dinner during your stay.

Breakfast not included, but that's not really an issue with such good kitchen facilities.

Good wifi and hot water.

The location is walking distance to the old town and the beautiful basilica.

There is construction work going on outside at the moment but it didn't bother us, maybe if you're a light sleeper this could be an issue.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple