Hostel Revolution
Orbitz.com
US$504
US$374
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$496/night.

US$275
  • Room Service
Hotel Quito(Quito)
All reviewsgreat kitchenhot waterclean dormsold townkitchen utensilsconstruction workhomey placehome away from homebig lockersexcellent wifibathrooms and showersprivate roombunk bedshour receptionroof terracesouth americarelaxing stay
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I was in Ecuador for two weeks with the first part of the trip going south into the Andes and the second part down on the coast. When I first arrived, I stayed at Hostel Revolution and found immediately that this was a great place to be. Since I would be in Quito in the beginning, middle, and end of my trip I decided to use Hostel Revolution as home base and definitely found that it was like having a home away from home. Sandra (the owner) was very kind and accommodating, willing to store some of my stuff while I was away on excursions, and while in some other hostels the front door is wide open to whomever wants to wander in, a stay at Hostel Revolution will land you with a key to the always locked front door, and a sense of security that both your things and your entire stay will be safe. There was no craziness going on at Hostel Revolution but rather a lot of great people in a quiet and "chill" environment with a full kitchen, clean common areas, nice showers and bathrooms, comfy beds, tidy rooms, and a decent view of Quito from the rooftop. The prices are cheap and the hostel is situated in a very good location between Old Town and the hipper party town area. I would definitely stay there again and would also recommend the place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Had a great stay, very clean and tidy. Central to the city, safe and welcoming. Sandra the owner was very helpful. My son recommended this place and I can see why. Eating places and supermarket close by, also good ATM around the corner.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the 6 bed dorm for 2 nights during our time in Quito. Sandra and the volunteers were lovey and really helpful at giving us advice. There's also a notice board with info on how to get to Mitad del Mundo without using a tour (recommended if you're in a budget)

Bunk beds are big and comfortable and everything was really clean.

Kitchen is very well equipped so you can make a decent dinner during your stay.

Breakfast not included, but that's not really an issue with such good kitchen facilities.

Good wifi and hot water.

The location is walking distance to the old town and the beautiful basilica.

There is construction work going on outside at the moment but it didn't bother us, maybe if you're a light sleeper this could be an issue.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I spent a few nights there while a bit under the weather. It turned out to be a great few days that even though I didn't get to see a lot of Quito, I really enjoyed my stay there. It had a good location, good wifi, the best kitchen in any hostel I've ever been, big dorms that were cleaned daily, hot water in the showers, nice terrace to chill and have a smoke and meet people. The owner was a treasure of information and good solid suggestions on places to visit and to eat. The people working there were both very helpful and polite. In general it was a lovely, comfortable,warm place, will come back when in Quito.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I am in my 50s, and stayed here with my 2 sons in their 20s. This was perfect for our 2 days in Quito. We stayed for one night, then went to Banos for 2 nights, then for 1 night again before the Galapagos. Location is excellent, with lots to see and eat and drink around. This was the only hostel experience of our two weeks in South America -- it was nice to meet and talk to other travelers. Sandra and her staff work really hard to create a great environment. The facility is organized, clean and comfortable, with a well equipped kitchen and rooftop deck. 2 of us stayed in a nice big double room, and the third in a dormitory room. I am a pretty tall guy, so didn't feel that threatened in the neighborhood, but I would recommend taking the staff's recommendation to take a cab after dark. One evening just after dark, I got stopped at the front door by a thief that tried to grab my phone, but I didn't give in. I didn't​ have my key, and Sandra responded quickly to my knock, then confronted the guy and told him to get the heck out of there and threatened to call the police. She is a woman of action. She was helpful to other guests with their different travel problems. She pointed us to the bus for our trip to Banos, but then lined up a cab for us since one of our party was sick, and couldn't handle a 4 hour bus drive. I would stay in a hostel again, which I had never done before. It is a homey place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends