All reviews great kitchen hot water clean dorms old town construction work well equipped kitchen homey place big lockers home away from home bunk beds hour reception south america roof terrace cleaned daily other guests historic center after dark
Reviewed 8 July 2015

The hostel is in a great location just between old and new town. Close to parks and a big bus station which makes it easy to get around the city. It was very clean and wifi works well in most rooms and ok even on the roof terrace. It's very clean and there is a great kitchen! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I really enjoyed my time at Hostel Revolution. Having also stayed at the Secret Garden hostel, I found Hostel Revolution more hospitable and comfortable (and cheaper!). The owner is especially helpful in planning activities around Quito and the kitchen is one of the best I've used in 5 months of travelling. If you're after a homy and friendly hostel, Revolution is for you!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2015

My friend and I used Hostel Revolution as a home base while traveling around Ecuador, after it was recommended to us by a friend we met while traveling. All the staff are amazing, so helpful with any question you have. The rooms are great, always clean, tidy and spacious. Great kitchen, tv room and common area. This is a smaller hostel so you really get to know everyone and make great new friends really fast. Hands down the best hostel we have stayed at in South America so far. Going to miss coming home to Rev after a long day or week of exploring! Thanks Sandra, Danny, Rob and Cam!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank MelSheaJ
Reviewed 27 May 2015

This is the best hostel in Quito! Close to the historical center, the central marked, resturants and turist atractions. The owner, Sandra is so lovley and helpfull! She will give you a lot of information about where to go and what to to in Quito. She makes you feel so welcome and will make your stay unforgetable!!

The hostel has the best kitchen in South America. It's well equiptment and allways nice and clean. The dorms have a good size with nice and comfy beds.

We where only supose to stay to nigths, but stayed longer because it was so nice and had a good atmosphere. If you wonder where to stay, this is the place to be!!!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stine S
Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

This hostel is in the Historical Centre of Quito but no more than twenty minutes walk from La Mariscal if you want to party. Sandra, the owner/manager was so helpful with any questions about getting around the city and what to see and do. Although there is no bar here there is a lovely communal area and cheap beer is on sale! I found this hostel really sociable and chilled out its not a party hostel but that doesn't matter. Sandra even stored my bag for me when I went to Mindo for a couple of nights until I returned. There's a great walking tour just down the road in San Blas which gives you a great overview of the city.

The rooms were spotless as were the bathrooms and it has one of the best equipped kitchens of any hostel I've been to! There was hot water every time I had a shower and although there's no breakfast there's a supermarket within five minutes walk and there is free tea and coffee (real coffee not instant) available all day.

I cannot recommend this hostel enough I loved it.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo