“Very disappointed.....”

Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 September 2014

Dont go in here expecting authentic Thai food.
We ordered pad Thai($7), which came out like noodles in a tasteless gravy. The mixed satay for entree came out during main meal even though we specified we wanted them with our drinks. They were tepid dry shards of meat with wimpy peanut sauce. Certainly not worth the $8.
My friends fried rice($7) was big, but completely tasteless and contained mushrooms which she specifically had not asked for.
I ordered spicy hot chicken curry(medium-hot $8), which was also completely tasteless and certainly didn't have any chillies in it. I think they got the chilli and the sugar containers confused.
Other tables seemed to be enjoying their Japanese sushi and the drinks were nice and strong.
Definitely wouldn't recommend this place to anybody that knows what Thai food should taste like.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I love Thai food, and after some days of more typical fare in Quito, was excited to happen upon this restaurant. Although I had a feeling it may be a bad choice to try Thai food in Quito, I had to try, as I love Thai cuisine, and miss it greatly as I live in Costa Rica. Well, the food was bad, the service was ok (it was not busy, and took quite a while to get the waiter's attention for fresh drinks), and I suspect that it was the food here which caused two of the three of us to get sick the next day. It is a good people watching spot for the street below, and that is the best I can say for this place.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We really like Thai food and sushi and were very impressed by the food quality,presentation and prices at Siam! The Sushi Volcano was delivered to our table by a very friendly waiter and set aflame. The Chicken/Shrimp Pad Thai was delicious and the portion size was big enough for two.
The Crab Wontons were excellent, as was the Mariscos. We also shared a Passionfruit Mojito and Piso Sour, which were refreshing and delicious! There was so much food, we had to take some home. The atmospere and service were both excellent. There was also a private Karoake room adjacent to the restaurant! Highly recommend this restaurant when you visit Quito!

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We had amazing sushi rolls here! There is a good deal: 4 different rolls for $20,- and there will be lots of rolls!!! Hardly get as good rolls in a quite nice atmosphere and welcoming staff. Deco was amazing! We would looove to go back!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I lived in quito for six months and this place is the place to go for good sushi at a reasonable price! I went there often and was never disappointed - enjoy their delicious ice tea to your meal!