“Great food, very nice staff.”
Review of ABTAO

ABTAO
Ranked #92 of 492 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Price range: US$25 - US$30
Cuisines: International, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Minimalistic and vintage style restaurant with exquisite cart of fish, shellfish, meat, pasta and risottos. Various preparations will delight your palate to spend a unforgettable moment. Varied wine cellar, warm environment and the best familiar service. You have to meet us! We are waiting for you
Reviewed 10 June 2015

Very good selection on the menu. Had a pisco, an octopus ceviche, steak and dessert. First server was a little cold, but the second server who helped me was lovely. They take AmEx, which is also great for business travelers! Highly recommended if you're in Valpo.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

My wife and I went for dinner here recently. It is a modern looking place compared to the old parts of Valparaiso. The food was fantastic, with a mix of different cuisines. We were told that the chef had recently visited Peru, and they had a few nice dishes from there. We had the ceviche and it was great. The Piscos drinks (there were a few) were really good also. Recommend.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

We were total strangers to Valparaiso and on our own. We ventured from our hotel into local neighborhoods in search of dinner. We liked to the looks of this place and saw that they featured a lot of fish. I really can't remember exactly what we had but they were fish dishes. We both liked our meals. The service was quietly attentively. I would definitely go back if I found myself in Valparaiso and would recommend to anyone staying there. I would say from the few number in the restaurant before 8 p.m. that this place probably comes alive around 10 p.m. Those of us in the restaurant at an early hours appeared to be travelers but this is definitely not a tourist trap.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

I went for lunch with family, everything was really good, until i found, no one, but two hairs in my puree, and in response i had a "You can have another dish or a free desert" (not in the best tone) The thing is: after finding hair in my food, my apetite disappears, and i definitely don´t want to pay for that dish that ruin my meal. And the cherry on top: they actually came up to me and said "the cooks wear hair nets" as if i have put those hairs in my food.. classy!

1  Thank francruz234
Reviewed 20 April 2015

We found Restaurante ABTAO after walking out of a nearby restaurant, and were welcomed with attentive service, a good meal, and a pleasant dining experience. We started with delicious pisco sours, with bitters and without sugar, which we prefer. The meal was well prepared and well presented.

We sat in the front area near the window to people-watch and star gaze. There is not a hill view, but it is still nice atmosphere.