“Highly recommended”

Cuisines: Chilean, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped by by chance and we were quite pleased with the service and food! Ample portions to satisfy the biggest appetites! The atmosphere was great until the live band started... it was very average and loud!

Reviewed 24 April 2016

I've been in Valparaiso less than a week and discovered Bar Victoria by chance as I was walking by; their door was open - I poked my head in and observed an interesting rustic look about the place. Pulled up a stool and sat at the bar. Deanne, the young bartender spoke English quite well. I ordered a choppe Stella Artois and decided to look at the menu. Deanne brought a menu in English, which surprised me! She recommended the grilled salmon with a side of sauteed vgetables. EXCELLENT! The meal was simple, but ever so tasty! The salsa was the best I've tasted in Chile. The salmon was grilled to perfection and the veggies, (sauteed in olive oil), were crispy-tender and full of flavor. As the manager walked by, Deanne mentioned that I was from Canada. He welcomed me as if I were a long-lost friend. I'll definitely be going back to Bar Victoria a few more times before leaving Vaparaiso! The prices on the menu were reasonable. The portions were more than adequate and I asked for "para llevar." I highly recommend Bar Victoria!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

I cannot tell you about the food because I didn´t eat anything, but I spent a very pleasant Saturday evening drinking with the regulars.
Having walked past this bar hundreds of times, I was interested to find out how spacious it was inside, full of interesting things and people. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us because not many other restaurants are open on Monday night. They have menus in Spanish and English. We had the cheese empanadas and a meat platter that came with several kinds of meat including chicken, pork, sausage, vegetables, and wine. The portion size was enough to split between 5-6 people. Also had a pisco sour, which was very good. Would highly recommend even if it wasn't a Monday night.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I was beginning to despair of ever eating a decent meal in this town, I really dont get on with chillean food and have lost weightsince I arrived! Good thing!
Then by chance I came across this place and was delighted, they seem to care about their food here and the bread and dip of tomato,onions and chilly were great.It was proper bread, not the horrible stuff they normally give you.
The main course of chicken was fine but smothered in sauce but the salad of tomato and avocado was superb.
They give you a small jug of fresh lemon juice and olive oil to dress the salad

2  Thank Jonathan N