“Great French food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We arrived late in San Jose de Maipo, and the owner of the B&B we were staying at recommended us this restaurant as most of the others would be closed, we had not come to Chile to eat French food however we were hungry. We were welcomed by the owner and she sat us on the outside deck, which was very pleasant. My wife and brother had the pate to start with, the portion was large with two choice of terrines. Both were very good, tasty, served with gherkins and bread. I had the snails Alsatian style and they were the best snails I had in a very long time, the right amount of garlic, not rubbery and very enjoyable.
For main, my wife had the wild boar ribs, cooked to perfection, a little gamy (to be expected) and again good size portion. My brother had the pork hock in honey and it looked impressive, the whole hock, beautifully glazed sat on the plate ready to be devoured. I had the chicken breast with mushroom sauce which was delicious. Very enjoyable meal. The service was not unfriendly, was efficient and the meals were delivered in a timely manner. The wine list propose local Chilean wines and the Horras Cabernet Sauvignon we choose was excellent. Overall an unexpected taste of France in the Chilean country side. We would have returned if our time had not been so limited.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

The room has old furniture, the linens are old, the carpet is dirty. The shower is extra small and uncomfortable. Breakfast is served at 8:30 am, I requested to have it earlier, and the lady was very kind to do it. I was their doorman the entire stay, I left at 8:30 and had to open the hotel gate every morning. It is expensive considering what you get.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

this be one of the best restaurant at Cajón del Maipo, French cuisine, has a menu with fixed options (all are delicious).

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This is the second time we visited this restaurant. The food was really good.
My husband had the duck confit and he said that it was excellent! I had the filet mignon and it was also good. For dessert we had the lemon sorbet. It was delicious.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant on the way back from visiting Banos Castillo. The decor inside is quite cool and the service was excellent. The food was absolutely phenomenal and very reasonably priced. Would highly recommend.