See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The hotel is nice, very well located, nice rooms. The only negative point is the staff Who is friendly but very young and not experienced enough. For example they completely forgot during 2 days to tell me that i had received a call from one of my friend Who left a Message for me at the reception! I was a bit angry because IT was an important Message! The receptionists apologysed and were sorry... Nice staff but not really professional. No management at all, only a young team at the reception desk. However, the rest was all Good so i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The hotel location is quite good, close to bars and restaurants. So close it is on the floor immediately above at least one restaurant. We were kept awake with music until 3am, and smoke coming up through the floor from the restaurant below. There is no escaping the noise, busy road on one side and restaurants and bars on the other, every floor board in the hotel squeaks loudly. Oh, and the rooms have the smallest bathrooms I have ever seen. Stay here if you don't want to sleep, otherwise I think you could find better value for money elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank sparky_66sydney
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I found Hotel del Patio in the NYT and was impressed with the reviews and pictures. What I found when I arrived was an upscale hostel in a good location. The rooms are small (particularly the single rooms). I was in a double room and found it to be a little dirty and with spotty internet wifi. The rooms do get very cold (was there in August) and they only turn on the heat during certain hours at night. Also, as the other reviews mentioned it does get very loud, but I thought the location was good enough to justify the noise. Staff is very friendly and responsive to any needs. Overall, great place if you're looking for a hostel, bad if you're wanting a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MatJ297
Reviewed 3 June 2011

OVERALL: We had a great stay here. It feels like a family establishment. I would definitely recommend it!

ROOM: Comfortable and well-kept. Our room had a large bed (queen-sized would be my guess), desk and chair, window that looked out onto the street, a flat-screen tv (caveat: few channels ... but you're not in Santiago to watch tv anyway), closet, safe, and bathroom.

BATHROOM: Great, in my opinion. However, my much taller (approx 6'2") boyfriend it difficult (though not impossible :) ) to shower. The toilet flush is very weak by American standards.

DETAILS: I loved that the whole hotel (including our room) had hardwood floors and funky furniture. The complimentary breakfast was simple (e.g. slices of ham, cheese, bread, cake, cereal, fruits, juices, and coffee) and quaint. There was always a sweet lady who offered to make us eggs. (I took her up on her offer quite a few times.) The coffee was bad by our standards but not different from the rest of the country - people in Chile really like Nescafe. The breakfast room is attached to the beautiful patio from which you can see the courtyard and the mountains. It's really a lovely view.

The staff at the hotel are generally fantastic! The only unpleasant staff member we interacted with was the man on Saturday morning who was too lazy to do anything...which resulted in an awkward check out process. We stayed for nearly a week and didn't see him until Saturday so he's probably not a full-time staff member. Almost all the staff speaks at least some English.

Another drawback was that we needed to be buzzed in every time we entered the building. We generally didn't have any problems with this though on two occasions, there was no staff member at the front desk to hear that we were ringing the bell so we had to wait a while (approximately 15-20 mins) before we could enter the building.

There was a particularly exceptional staff member (whose name I didn't catch) who speaks fluent English and works in the evenings. He spent some time in the States and gave us some really great recommendations on where to go, what to see, and answered our questions.

With regards to noise, my boyfriend and I had no trouble and barely noticed the noise outside. Since the hotel is situated in the heart of the city, noise is inevitable but it was never so loud as to prevent or disrupt sleep.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank annie_in_dc
Reviewed 26 March 2011

This hotel is in a great location in Barrio Bellavista, but the noise from the adjoining bars and restaurants is very loud and can ruin your sleep. The hotel itself is quite cool, with wifi in every room. It was converted from an old house. The rooms are a great size but my biggest issue was the size of the bathrooms. They are clean and modern, but tiny! You cannot undress/dress in them.
Staff are young college kids so the place has a cool vibe.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends