“My favorite pizza in Santiago!”
Review of Pizzeria Italia

Pizzeria Italia
Ranked #147 of 4,862 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In Italy it is known if a pizza is good for 4 reasons: taste, aroma, easily digestible, and most important: If its technique comes from the area of Naples, as well as the Executive Pizza Chef of the pizzeria 1talia, who has just arrived to Chile. We advice you to make a reservation.
Reviewed 7 August 2016

My boyfriend and I lived in Santiago for 8 months, and this was our go-to pizza spot! It is delicious! Fresh ingredients, and very well made! Very nice people, too! We tried a lot of pizza places, and this is by far our favorite! Yumm!

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Having Neapolitan pizza is one of the main purposes whenever I travel. This place is not part of the Vera Pizza Napoletana, but they could be. The place is small and simple, but very cozy and comfortable. As usual when I try a pizzeria, I ordered the Margherita pizza with the gourmet mozzarella. It was very good. I will be in this pizza place many times.

1  Thank MauricioBabilonia
Reviewed 7 April 2016

Everything needed more salt - from the tomato sauce base to the toppings of the pizza. As a result, the pizza tasted very bland.
But the crust of the pizza was very good - with good texture and density.
You can tell the Italian chef/owner is very knowledgeable and knows how to cook pizza! Just please add more salt, please.
And when pizza margherita calls for basil - then you have to include basil! Nothing less.
Also, I think you have to use real anchovies in the pizza del mare. Sardines are a poor substitute.
I think if you dealt with these minor details, the end product would be amazing.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

My favorite pizza spot in Santiago. Quality pizza and really nice owners. It's the place I recommend to all my friends for a quality pizza in the city.

Reviewed 21 May 2015

Was excited to see a pizza spot this highly ranked, given our city's lack of a decent slice. Unfortunately this place seems to have a very inflated TA ranking.

First things first, the pizza. Dough, admittedly very good, best part of the pizza. Thin, well cooked, nice crust, tasty. Next, the sauce. It's okay, nothing special, you can kind of tell that they're not exactly top of the line ingredients.

Then, the cheese, also okay, but pretty poorly applied to the pizza. That dreaded scenario where you bite into the slice and instead of getting just that bite, you pull off almost all the cheese off the slice? Yeah, that happened. Not cool.

Then the rest of the restaurant... Service consisted of one awkward dude who did a decent job. They kind of make a thing out of serving you paper plates and plastic cups, as if it was added charm or something... It doesn't, you can't cut a slice with a plastic knife. The decoration consisted of the most stereotypical Italian things literally printed on standard pieces of paper, taped to the walls. I actually found this hilarious and liked it, even if it was probably unintentional.

Overall, decent pizza, restaurant itself could use some work. Unfortunately not even close to worthy of a top 50 spot in the city.

5  Thank Action B