“lonely dinner”

Cuisines: Chilean, Mediterranean, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Had the buffet and included a well stocked appetizer table, salads and desserts. All very fresh, well prepared and presented. The beef Filet was okay, not very tender and they don't provide steak knives, the couscous side dish was very good. Of course the wine selection was very good. I will go back tomorrow for the sea food buffet.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

We had our breakfast and lunch here. The food was good quality and delicious. The service was not the most efficient and staff needs some training in providing a genuine friendly service. The décor is good as well.

1  Thank Srm-nan
Reviewed 16 January 2016

We are staying at Park Plaza Santiago during our brief visit to Santiago. Park Lane is part of the hotel. 6 of us enjoyed our "welcome" drinks in the outdoor seating area on a warm summer evening. 4 of us had the pisco sours-very good, very strong! (apparently Chile and Peru argue over who gets to call these their national drink). The other 2 enjoyed glasses of good Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. We were served a nuts and raisins mixture with our drinks. We decided to try the Friday night seafood buffet for dinner. For 21,000 Chilean pesos (about $29), there was an extensive buffet of fresh seafood, including clams on the half shell and shot glasses of cerviche. We were offered a choice of 3 entrees, which last night were salmon, albacore tuna or gnocchi in a crab butter sauce. I thought the fish entrees were overcooked, but tasted ok, Also included was an extensive dessert buffet, coffee and unlimited pisco sours or wine. A 10% gratuity was added to the tab. A breakfast buffet is included for hotel guests. I thought this was just ok. There was an extensive selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, pancakes and several bread selections. Coffee was from a Nescafe machine-a choice of cappacine, espresso, "Americain", hot chocolate, etc, I have had better! I probably would not go out of my way to eat as at this restaurant, but it is sure was convenient for tired hotel guests. Service at dinner was attentive.;

2  Thank G1032AJbarbarag
Reviewed 23 December 2015

There was a lot of good lox (sliced salmon). The rest of the seafood was not fresh. The "main course" was minuscule and not tasty.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

We chose to celebrate my wife’s birthday here last Saturday (21/11/2015) because the Park Lane Restaurant had done us well in the past. Not a trendy place, but we remembered good portions of well-cooked food and attentive service in a quiet, relaxing atmosphere. The quiet ambiance was still there from years ago, but not much else.

We arrived at 8.30 pm to find the place a third full of elderly American tourists. Only two waiters were in attendance and service was very slow, but we managed to place an order eventually. I chose the duck, but had to join my wife in lamb cutlets on learning that the duck was ‘off’ that night. The aperitifs appeared: the champagne in my wife’s Kir Royal was flat. My pisco sour was thin and tasteless: about the worst I’ve had in Chile. Both sets of cutlets were nicely cooked, however, though extraordinarily small. My wife had rice with hers. My vegetable came as five mashed potato pancakes about the size of butter pats. No wine menu had been presented, but I managed to attract the waiter’s eye and order a glass of the red. A bare half measure of undistinguished house wine was splashed into my glass. Now ravenous, we looked forward to the postre: which proved to be a buffet of pastries and a few slabs of fresh cut fruit. Finally, to round off a very disappointing evening, we asked for the promised 20% discount, but were refused because we didn’t have our Mercurio card with us. In short, we were given package tour food at middle-high end restaurant prices.