“Best eclair in the world ”

L'eclair by Sarah Michelle
Ranked #9 of 309 Dessert in Singapore
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Description: Singapore's first specialty eclair cafe/store
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

A perfect environment for a treat ! The latte is just the right temperature and the dark chocolate n cocoa streusel eclair is simply delightful. A must visit if u love eclair, so many other choices.

Good place for afternoon tea.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 13 April 2017

[The Food]
I had 3 eclairs and all of them didn't fail to impress me in terms of looks and taste. Each eclair was fully packed with their individual filling so that's definitely a plus point. They stayed true to the flavours that they were supposed to bring out and packed a punch! They were a tad sweet but easily balanced out with the tea that I ordered. I appreciated the fact that the tea wasn't hot but lukewarm so I could sip on it immediately.

[Service]
The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, offering their advice on what eclairs and tea to order based on our taste preferences (sweet, etc.).

[Atmosphere]
A pretty small joint though it boasts a modern and whitewashed interiors. Definitely a good place to catch up with friends over high tea!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Jacelyn_See
Reviewed 9 April 2017

First up, the eclairs are just delicious. Not only do they look good, they truly do taste as amazing as they look.
I tried the lemon & earl grey. Both absolutely divine!

The cafe is rather small, but the cosy atmosphere was very relaxing and the decor highly 'instagram worthy' :-)

Will be back for the high tea (they serve mini sized eclairs and a selection of savoury pastries with tea).

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 28 September 2016

My husband and I visited L'eclair one Friday afternoon and sampled four of their eclairs, and were wowed by all of them. They are easily the best eclairs I've eaten, and well worth the price. The pastry itself is executed perfectly, the fillings are beautifully smooth and creamy and the toppings both pretty and flavourful. The salted caramel and strawberry pistachio were both excellent, but my personal favourites were the tangy passionfruit mango and the divinely delicious vanilla (simple, but perfect). I'm already planning a return visit to try the other flavours.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

I paid $8.50 for my chocolate eclair. I have to say it's delicious but that's also 2 to 3 times the cost of my lunch. I was at a bakery last week which served the most delicious choux pastry and at $5.20, was already on the expensive end of the scale. I don't know, I feel guilty for eating dessert that costs so much more than my lunch.

Date of visit: August 2016