All reviews mrt station circle line sufficient space working order changi airport convenient store walking distance business trip remote control comfortable bed nice hotel place to stay quiet location shopping mall air condition nice stay halal food
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Booked this hotel for my regional staff as our office is near here. The hotel is new. It is very near to Paya Lebar MRT, near the CISCO area.
Although the rooms are small, they are very clean and functional. Breakfast is also ample and good. Good for business travel or if you are visiting relatives/ friends in the East of Singapore.

Room tip: Although the rooms do not have a view to kill, do chose the rooms facing the petrol kiosk as it is quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
AqueenPL, Guest Relations Manager at Aqueen Hotel Paya Lebar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear Elmolita,

We thank you for your kind feedback and it is a great pleasure to know that you are please with the service Aqueen has to offer. The team does strive to do their best to meet guest's expectation. Your comments will be share with our team. We look forward to serve in the near future.

Once again we thank you for your kind comments and should you need any further assistance please contact us at the given email address below.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

I emailed the hotel to inform them I would be arriving late.
Upon arrival, there was no one to help with my luggage, nor a single smile or a hello. The taxi driver couldn't find the entrance to the hotel and initially offered to drop me off at the 7-11 next door (this was not the hotel's fault).
I was tired from a long day of travel and received my keys quickly. I opened the door and the key card was required to turn on the electricity. It did not work. I returned to the front desk and he called maintenance. He said it would be fixed shortly.
It is now 11:30pm and I am sitting on the floor outside the room watching 2 men try to fix the electricity. I asked the front desk if I can simply have another room. I was told the hotel was at capacity. So, I encouraged the front desk to take a good look at their available rooms. I waited some more and there was no sign of this problem being fixed. Finally, I was given a key card to another room - it was a queen room with a good view. It was clean and very small. Perfect for me!

If it wasn't for the initial check-in, I would likely give it a 4 star review. I didn't appreciate having to watch men at work vs. just providing me with a room that has electricity. Also, I did not receive an apology for the situation until I was given a new room (which should have been once the electricity didn't work).

Thankfully, I did not see that gentleman again during my stay. The next day, the staff was extremely helpful in helping me arrange my day! The front desk staff was patient with all my tourist questions.

The hotel is around the corner from the metro station. It is about 20 minutes (I didn't look at my watch) - from the city center. The metro is super easy and I highly recommend taking it. I did uber to the zoo. Going I had no problem and the cost was comparable or less than a taxi. Unfortunately leaving the zoo, my uber driver got 'lost' and passed my next desitanation point twice. Thankfully Uber reimburses you when your driver pulls a stunt like this (I was going to a major attraction and his GPS pointed him in the right direction - he chose to ignore to make more $$$).

In terms of cost, the hotel seemed a tad overpriced for the location. No free breakfast. Free wifi.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
AqueenPL, Guest Relations Manager at Aqueen Hotel Paya Lebar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your kind feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience we caused you upon your arrival. Truly this not the Aqueen experience we intend to offer our guest. We hope that this incident does not deter you from using us again and that we given us the opportunity to serve you again. Your comments will be share with our team.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience we had caused towards you.Should you need any further assistance please contact us at the given email address below.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

This is a slightly out of town hotel but ideally placed for metro (Paya Lebar) which is about a 10 minute walk. We stayed here to be near to friends and it suited us fine. Rooms a little on the small side but excellent all round facilities and the rate much cheaper than central Singapore. Thoroughly recommend this to all.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AqueenPL, Guest Relations Manager at Aqueen Hotel Paya Lebar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear Mikey,

Reviewed 11 April 2016

This is my first time writing a compliment requested by my wife.Thank you very much to a lady name Shireen.We hope spell her name correctly.We were amazed by her service that me and my wife couldn't do.She has been a great example to us even though her working area is full of paperworks and file but without fail to place her smile an assisted us with our heavy and bulky luggages single-handedly.She even helped her colleague to assist other guests' luggages.We felt so homely and proud to be attended by Shireen.She has been a great example for both of us,very detailed,professional,pleasant,well-groom and we see sincerity in her.A motherly touch and bubbly towards our child.She is able to speak our language.We hope she is able to read our sincere message for her too.We had a meaningful and a pleasant stay in Aqueen Payar Lebar.We hope to see you again Shireen in November and everyone in the hotel!Should try and experience the warmth and homely feeling here when away from home!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
AqueenPL, Guest Relations Manager at Aqueen Hotel Paya Lebar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Aqueen hotel Management Team

Reviewed 11 April 2016

Aqueen is a functional and clean hotel 15 minutes away from Changi Internatiional Airport. Hazzle free check in with friendly frontdesk. Aljunied MRT Station is approx 18 minutes walk away. You can find food at paya lebar square which is 10 minutes walk away. Overall reasonable functional and clean hotel, however if you are not familiar with Singapore, you would definitely be using Taxi a lot.

• Trip type: Travelled solo