“Excellent Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Went with my wife for our anniversary. Ordered the sushi menu and it was delicious. The flavor and temperature of the rice was just right and the fishes and other ingredients were top notch. We had a great evening and lots of fun chatting with the chef. Definitely will be returning there despite the hefty bill.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Just had a wonderful dinner here, chef kobayashi makes our evening memorable! Had their omagasay shin menu! Generous portions and fulfilling! Great sashimi and sushi!! Will be back again for sure!!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant cane highly recommended by friends and been here the second time and I am still impressed.

Upon entering the restaurant you will be greeted and led to your seats. It’s best to sit at the counter where you can watch the chef prepare your sushi. There are limited seating at the counter so we have booked a day in advance.

They have the sushi meals and the omakase meals.

Quality of food is great. Fish served is fresh and the chef will tell you each he serves. The service attendants are very attentive, refilling our tea and sake before we emptied our cups or glasses.

Price wise, it is on the high side but it is well worth it.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I’m a Japanese Food Lover, wherever i go and whenever i always looked for the Japanese Food. I’ve been many times to go to Sin, many times to go to Japanese restaurant but this is my very first time to tried this Amazing Japanese Food. High quality, high standart, fresh sashimi, best chef, nice place and nice staff. The food there was excellent and they suggested to try the most rare sake in the whole world (coz they said its just 40 bottles in the world) yeahh it’s just Pricey but soooo worthy 1 bottle for 10.000$ (i only tried for 1 bottle hahaha) and another bottles i’ve been tried 5.000$/each (i’ve got 4 bottles of this) and 2.000$/each (i’ve got 2 bottles). I drink a lot and had fun night with them (the chef’s). Overall this place it’s just to die for!! Perfect!!!

Reviewed 29 November 2017

It was my first visit to Shinji by Kanesaka. Have been aiming this sushiya for a while now. They are closed on Sunday, and since I always fly into Singapore on Sunday, it was impossible for me to try it, up until 2 weeks ago, when I flew into Singapore on a Saturday. My friends and I arrived half an hour ahead of our reservation time. And they were ready to serve us.

We opted for "Yuki", a 15 pieces of nigiri sushi set, as I was never a big fan of sashimi. Best decision ever. I really enjoyed each nigiri sushi. Our meal started with marinated tuna with a hint of spiciness in it. It was (not overly) salty and refreshing at the same time. I liked this appetizer very much. Buri and murasaki uni was my favourite during that meal. Buri was in season and it was really good. Sawara which was topped with ponzu sauce was really good too.

Overall, I had an amazing meal there. But it was very expensive for me who went there with my Ringgit Malaysia.