Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We would never go there again!
Tiny, smelly room, prostitudes on the way and directly in front of the door.

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stay in Singapore and booked this hotel for friends/friends-of-friends visiting Singapore as I couldn't find anything else in this peak time. I am writing based on their feedback to me (I visited the hotel as well). This hotel is close to city. Although the area is so called red-light district, no one bothered my friends. We were in the non-smokers zone, the whole floor was having cigarette smell - no visible smoke though. There is no ventilation and the air was very stale and had some strange smell. Staff were polite to my friend's numerous questions. If you have breathing difficulty like asthma or are sensitive to smells, go else where. They went to stay in CITIN Hotel KL Malaysia after this and they were "very much happy" with CITIN compared to this Hotel 81 Gold - they even specifically called from KL to say thank you for suggesting a good hotel in KL !!!! That explains a lot I think. Last but not the least, when I dropped my friends at Hotel 81 Gold, I got stares due to the bad smell and a straight question. "Did you visit the Hotel before booking?", I obviously didn't.......I have a suggestion to Hotel 81 Gold: Please buy air purifiers or clean up your aircon filters.

Room tip: Ask for a room with open-able windows so that you can let fresh air inside.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2012

It was were easy to take the train, almost next to the hotel 5min, in to central. But its located in a very poor street, with lots of prostitutes and bad environment, so don't walk around alone or take a taxi. The staff is really nice. No breakfast. The bed horrible, its made of leather, very hard to keep the sheeds on all night. The rooms are very small, but has a nice view and is cheap for a hotel in Singapore.

Date of stay: May 2011
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Price are too high for an overnight stay... You wont get what you've paid for... Poor service... No wifi, you need to pay $10/day for a wifi access... Not that comfortable... Not suitable for families with kids although it is safe... Not recommended for second visit..

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed 7 February 2012

suitable for backpackers / travelers who just want to sleep and want a privacy toilet
bedroom smelling cigarettes even though non-smoking room.

10 minute walking distance to aljunied mrt station
on the way to the mrt station at night, you will go through areas infested with foreign workers hanging out, but nobody will bother you
Geylang area is not as clean as the other Singapore

Hotel 81 Gold located next to Fragrance ruby hotel and hotel 81 lucky.

Room tip: Take non-smoking rooms
Date of stay: January 2012