“Excellent Omakase in Singapore but quite expensive”

Hakumai Sushi and Omakase
Ranked #419 of 12,099 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hakumai Sushi & Omakase was established with a focus on offering premium quality Japanese cuisine at value prices. Located in the heart of the CBD (Tanjong Pagar) with a traditional Japanese eatery setting, our all-day bento sets - known for the generous servings of fresh ingredients - have consistently proved to be a winner among diners. For adventurous guests, we highly recommend them to do omakase where the chefs are left to design a menu comprising a series of delights that is bound to excite their fine palates.
Reviewed 3 March 2017

The experience in this exclusive Omakase restaurant was very good. Food was very fresh and some creative innovative dishes from Chef Gary was worth savouring.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

selected the place from other tripadvisor scores and blogs.
for the category of price, one of my best experience in Singapore.
extensive menu, i had a bento with Sashimi, fish and lamb which was excellent. other original things to check a la carte still for further visits.
definitively worh the visit for the quality of sashimi.
service is efficient and the waitress was carefully explaining the menu option for those (us) not familiar with Japanese terms

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Not the cheapest sushi place in town, but one of the best we have tried. Very high quality in fish and the experience was very relaxed and honest. Highly recommended

Thank Anders E. S
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Kinda disappointed with the omakase' total 6 small dishes but it's not very filling, I would consider it is kinda pricey. The omakase is very normal and there is no surprise for me, it didn't really conquer my taste buds, unfortunately. The only food I'm more please with, is the sushi. I don't think I will go back again.

2  Thank roy n
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Lost in a shopping center I discovered an amazing offer of very fresh Sushi, Sashimi and other delicious small dishes served with passion.The room is rather basic but when you get such a quality served it becomes fast unimportant. Definitively among my top experiences worldwide for this type of food.