“Charming ambience, reasonable food”

Meat Smith at Cocotte
Ranked #791 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$15 - US$85
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little India
Description: Cocotte’s cuisine takes inspiration from the hearty, rustic meals that are a trademark of the French countryside. Provenance and seasonality are focal points in guiding the menu and the way we serve. Communal meals and large platters of meat in the middle of the tables are common sights in the dining room.
Reviewed 19 November 2016

Tucked away in Little India, in Wanderlust hotel, Cocotte is an unexpected sight. The decor is charming, homely and somewhat eclectic. Arriving on a wet Monday morning, the restaurant was sparsely occupied but we were seated quickly by the windows. Table sizes range from small to very large, so booking in advance may secure you a better choice. The lunch set menu was offering a choice of steak frites or chicken, with soup and dessert. Soup was served quickly, and pleasant. Then a little wait for the mains, unusually, even though the restaurant wasn't really busy. Portions were generous. Steak was flavoured well, but a little chewy, while the chicken was pleasant, if unexceptional. To finish, vanilla icecream and coffee brulee. Service was reasonably efficient and pleasant, and non-bottled water was offered (yay!). We left feeling quite content and full.

There are newer reviews for Meat Smith at Cocotte

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Recently had the lunch trolley buffet here and was not disappointed! The food was excellent and the servings were just right given the amount of food we were served. Additionally, the decor of the restaurant is lovely and unique. A must try!

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Tried to book a place at the point of checking in but I was informed that it was all booked out till 8.30pm. My friends cancelled the appointment in the end so I had dinner just with my son.
Ribeye was sold out by the time we were seated.
I ordered the black winter truffle wagyu steak with fries. I was really here for the steak and duck fat fries because I knew someone who once told me how a similar dish was done in the kitchen of a very wealthy family she worked for. This particular dish of potato oven baked in duck fat was so well received, it was always consumed quickly. I was glad I had a chance to have dinner at Cocotte. Steak was done to a medium covered with rich cream truffle and mushroom sauce. There was a serving of duck fries, bread and salad. The fries was crispy and not oily. Absolutely yummy. We polished it all off quickly. We ordered mussels and clams cooked in a cream sauce with white wine served with duck fries. The meat of the mussels wasn't really big but it was juicy. The sauce was not thick but favorful. The dish was good but we preferred the steak. Wished I could try a glass of the French house red but that was out so I settle for the Aussie Syrah.
Great place for lunch or dinner but best to make reservations.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Had dinner here on a weekday night, only a few other patrons other than ourselves. Was a decent French meal

Reviewed 26 October 2016

close to hotel. food was quite good and cheap. and was walking distance from the hotel. many other eating places around