“What a little Gem”

PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
Ranked #100 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 13 March 2012

What a great hotel:) Nothing too flash but really comfortable, clean and great service. The food was a bit expensive so we went for a walk and found all sorts of little gems as we strolled the streets. We liked the location and got to explore areas we wouldn't have otherwise looked at. Will definitely go back

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank hilary506
ianekers, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear hilary506,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your feedback about your recent stay at the PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road.

It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and that we were able to cater to your needs. We try our hardest to provide our guest a great value experience.

The hotel is conveniently located in the middle of a wonderful and abundant variety of things to see and eat, which makes it very hard to resist enjoying all that is to offer.

Once again thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Have just spent four nights in this hotel,and found it to be first class,on a arrival we were given an upgrade to a executive suite which was very nice,the hotel is in a good location in Little India,about a thirty minute walk to Orchard Road,across the road from the hotel is a shopping Mall with two food courts which are very cheap 2x Soup 2x Main courses £7,and the food was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank italianshoemanoo8

Dear italianshoemanoo8,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback about your recent stay at the PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road.

As you have rightfully mentioned the location provides plenty of choices for those who wish to explore an ethnic part of the city. For those who wish to see the other wonderful places that Singapore has to offer the ease of using the underground is just 3 minutes away. By using this you can be in Orchard Road in 10 minutes for a cost of $1.52 per person.

In closing italianshoemanoo8, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look to the opportunity of having you stay with us on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I went to Singapore in November 2011 with my wife on a vacation.
First of all, Singapore is a very beautiful and safe destination for foreigners.
There are some very exciting places especially for youngsters like us ...wink wink :).
we stayed at Hotel Park Royal on Kitchner Road. Being an Indian, it was a very comfortable stay as Little India is right next to the Hotel.
Biggest Shopping mall of Singapore i.e. Mustafa is adjoining the hotel. One can easily get Foreign Exchange Shops, Food, Shopping esp. electronics at a walking distance.
Farer Park Metro Station is opposite to the Hotel, if you want to go anywhere it is very easy to board the Metro.
All in all it was a very safe and comfortable stay.
If someone wants any further information about Singapore or Hotel Park Royal, please write down to me I would be happy to help you.

Room Tip: Rooms are good, just check the room yourself before finalising. Mostly the hotel is fully occupied t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
ianekers, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Vdawar,

As you have so rightfully mentioned Singapore is a great place to visit. The hotel is conveniently located to public transportation so that our guest can enjoy the most of their stay with us.

Mustafa Center, which is right next door has an amazing variety of products from Electronics to all types of food from all over the world.

It is great to hear that the hotel has been able to fulfill your expectations. All of us at the hotel want to provide each and every guest a memorable stay, as this is one of our values as an organization.

In closing Vdawar, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look to the opportunity of having you stay with us on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed 2 days in this hotel and it was good. We heard abt long delays in checking in and checking out.. but didnt find any such thing.. and got it done very quickly.

staff is very helpful in all aspects.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdarshP

Dear AdarshP,

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and the associates were able to meet your expectations. The hotel will make every attempt to accommodate guests upon their arrival, however as the hotel is very popular it is somewhat difficult to give rooms for early arrivals unless you have pre-booked the room the night before.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Long medical trip of more than a week and all I need is a comfortable bed to rest after my surgery. Indicated my preferences upon reservation, but it was clearly not noted. Check-in process was tedious as I had to beg for a king bed. The young lady at the Front Desk was kind enough to re-assign the room for me after I prompted I was here for a medical treatment. Did I mention that I had to wait in line without any acknowledgment and the only Front Desk agent on duty assisted someone else who jumped the queue? The same Front Desk agent then assisted a group with elevator access and watched the elevator door close right in front of me. Sigh! Where is the hospitality?

Room is small, TV is really old, but most importantly, cleanliness must be improved. Upon entering the room for the first time, the side of the basin was smeared with blue toothpaste and the shelf below had coffee stains. There were hair in the drawer and the trash was not emptied. Anti-slip mat was filthy and bed linen was stained. I cleaned up whatever I could as I did not want to bother the Housekeepers. There was no turndown service and bathrobes. I did not even have a room service menu until I asked for it. When I finally got hold of one, I ordered Chicken Caeser Salad which came without the chicken. Hilarious? This was all true. Each time I put the “Do Not Disturb” light on, Housekeeping will call me again and again to ask if I require any service. On two separate occasions I switched on the “Housekeeping Service” light deliberately and strangely Housekeeping did not clean my room. Imagine coming back from your medical treatment after 4 hours to a dirty room!

Well, I thought I was being too picky and told myself to lower my expectations. I swear I did. Ordered a wake-up call at 0600hrs and got it at 0615hrs. That was totally fine as I managed to wake myself up timely for my medical appointment. But it gets better when I got a wake-up call at 0600hrs on the following day when I did not request for any! I got up at 0600hrs for nothing! I doubt anyone else could engineer a more miserable experience than mine.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank PL T
ianekers, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear PLT

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at the hotel. I must also personally apologise for the less than satisfactory experience you have had, as this is truly not the service level the hotel is known for.

I would like to request that you contact me directly, so that I can look further into the matter, as the points you have highlighted need to be addressed immediately.

In closing PLT, I look forward to opportunity to hear from you so that I may put closure to your valid feedback.