“You wouldn't find better service anywhere else.”
Review of Naumi Hotel

Naumi Hotel
Ranked #18 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Milton Keynes
“You wouldn't find better service anywhere else.”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We have now stayed in the Naumi Hotel four times and the most impressive thing was that they remembered our names from the second visit onwards. This hotel is shold be in the "Best Small Hotels of the World", if it isn't in there yet. The staff are great and the attitude that no request is beneath them is refreshing and welcome. It's handy for the centre and is right next door to the Raffles and the Raffles Shopping Centre.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Fredex
NaumiBoutique, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear Fredex,
Naumi says..... we have memories like an elephant!
Thank you first for your loyal support of Naumi and for your wonderful feedback. I am glad that we are able to constantly meet your expectations. My team & I will strive to continually put our best foot forward to all guests and we look forward to your next visit.
hotel manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The problem with first impressions is that they stick and colour the rest of the stay. The entrance to this hotel is depressing; Minimalist and tired and does not reinforce the high end boutique concept. The corridors leading to the rooms are just white paint – ceilings and walls need a bit of a refresh or some art. The room was spacey, we chose a top end room. But again, it looked a bit tired and once we had stopped being grumpy about our first impressions, the bathroom was nice, with nice toiletries. A big hole in the supposedly luxurious bath robe was a put off. Great to have an Nepresso coffee machine. But, not good when there are lots of coffee/tea sachets and only 2 small milks in the large fridge! Comfy beds and pillows - so slept well. The location was great – backing onto Raffles and easy to get around. The infinity pool was a let down. Very small - but on the photos I took, it looks amazing. The camera cannot lie? Breakfast was very, very average. The staff were helpful. Would we come back – don’t think so.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pragklbov
Dear pragbov,
Naumi says..... we are sorry......
Thank you for your candid feedback. You will be pleased to know that we will be upgrading our hotel and your feedback will be useful. Your other comments are noted and we will act upon them. I am however glad to read that your enjoyed our comfy beds and great location. We hope you will change your mind about coming back to enable us to show you true Naumi hospitality/product.
best regards,
Portugal
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Great hotel not many rooms so no stampede at breakfast.
Great location for train system restaurants and bars.
Great staff can't do enough for you.
We tried to book into raffles but was full so glad it was after going there for a meal or would not have found this gem
Very good value for money in a city that is extremely expensive.
Tip for wine lovers don't come ( joke ) an average bottle of wine 60 bucks

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Weldge
Dear Weldge,
Naumi says...... location, location, location.....
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad to read that we met your expectations and that you especially liked our central location - close to almost everything!.
My team & I hope to be of service to you again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Great little hotel, nice quite street, lovely, professional and friendly staff, large rooms (unusual in Singapore) roof top pool area is fantastic views to the city and marina bay sands. Suga the bar tender makes the best slings in town, much better than raffles! If you need to be surrounded by crowds and have a buzzing hotel scene go elsewhere but this is my favourite Singapore hotel. Convenient to mrt, taxis, shopping malls, restaurants.... Excellent.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are great we had 903.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank itraveldotocm
Dear Ebyrne,
Naumi says...... come to us for slings!
Thank you for your great feedback about our hotel from the large rooms to the views from our rooftop infinity pool. Your compliments about Suga has been passed on to him and he is thrilled that you enjoyed his cocktails. We hope to see you back real soon in Singapore and in Naumi.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I chose this hotel because it is a smart boutique hotel in a great location. My choice was also guided by the fabulous-looking infinity pool on the rooftop, I prefer small intimate places and this seemed right. The rooms are spacious and have quite good amenities (nespresso machine, Molton Brown toiletries, large flat screen TV with international channels, The bathroom has been badly designed (sloppy tiling and toilet roll holder installed by someone with no brain) but most people would be satisfied.

However, the hotel refuses to understand that most international visitors to Singapore are going to be leaving on flights in the evening. My "Small Luxury Hotel" membership should have allowed me to keep the room to 4pm but this was "not possible". In fact none of the SLH benefits I should have enjoyed was offered.

I wasn't too worried as I had specifically chosen the hotel for its rooftop infinity pool. I told the staff I'd go there on the final evening before showering and changing to my travelling clothes. BUT at 2 pm on the day of departure I learned that the rooftop - the ONLY outside space for guests - would be closed for a private party given by GeRe company. I was very upset but the reception staff really couldn't have cared less. No apology. Nothing. Not even a soft drink offered.

So, in net, I cannot recommends the hotel. If the management is so greedy that it puts the income from a small drinks party ahead of the comfort of its guests, then I dread to think what they would do if there were some real crisis. If you have high standards, then do not stay here. This is an expensive hotel. There are plenty of other choices in Singapore.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ChapLondon2
NaumiBoutique, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Charlotte P,
Naumi says..... please accept our apologies!
Please accept my sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory stay with us recently. I am indeed concern to read about your experiece with us. From your profile, we have managed to trace your stay and I have personally conducted a review of your stay. As a SLH member, late check out is subject to availability and unfortunately on your day of departure, though check out time is 12noon, we managed to extend late check out till 2pm instead of 4pm. Besides delivering a letter to all our guests about the pool event, our staff explained and apologised regarding the check out time & about the event at our pool and offered the use of our changing/shower room on the 10th floor. A glass of wine was also served to you. Our pool area is closed at 6pm and the private event started after our pool area is closed. All SLH members arriving at Naumi will be accorded the necessary benefits based on information that we receive from SLH. Unfortunately we did not receive any other information from SLH regarding your stay and we have escalated your issue also to SLH for them to further review it. On a brighter note, I am glad that you liked our spacious room with her good amenities. I would like to assure you that we will accord all necessary benefits to our SLH members. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you our Naumi-centric hospitality again in future.
Best regards,