Amara Singapore
US$301
US$292
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$779
US$522
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$105
  • Restaurant
US$425
US$128
US$124
Hotels.com
2,221 results
All reviewstanjong pagarclub floorbusiness hotelbusiness tripshopping mallbusiness districtmrt stationconvenient locationexecutive roomcomfortable stayspecial thanksfood courthotel stafflate checkchangi airportmarina bayorchard road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I've always stayed in Amara for my business trips since 2006, and generally I am satisfied with the overall experience. I've grown to know some of the staff members, and it's always pleasant to be greeted by a smile from familiar faces, some already addressing me by my name (like Mr. Amin, Santi, Trina). For a frequent traveler like me, it makes every trip less stressful and more memorable whenever you stay at a hotel that makes you feel closer to home. However, I have noticed that over the years, service has deteriorated. While the front desk staff has been consistently courteous and warm, the room service staff, particularly the lady who always answers to take orders, lacks courtesy, always in a hurry and quite moody (sometimes she is flexible with tiny special requests, and sometimes she is not and won't budge). The old cleaning lady is also quite abrasive; once even taking my room key card out of the slot while i was away, and taking it with her! I understand the need to eco-save, but for me, I have always wanted to come back to a cool room, especially after a long and hard day at work. I did not like it that she got the key and took it away just like that. Lastly, I hope the hotel can also evaluate and improve its in-room dining presentation. I noticed that some dishes that I would regularly order, are not presented in a consistent manner. There are days when it is nicely put together, and there are days when, for the same dish, it doesn't have some of the usual add-on like jam, bread on the side, etc. When you're a regular guest, you easily notice these things and feel shortchanged when what you used to get is much better than what you're getting now.

I stay in Amara not only because it's right across my office, but because I've learned to make my stay comfortable and easy here already. However, if these disappointing things continue to show, I guess I will re-think it next time, and maybe choose to stay elsewhere, even if I have to pay extra for cab fare everyday.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Maria Jessica B
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you for your faithful patronage over the last 6 years. It is always good to receive constant feedback on how to improve on our service standards. We are looking into the highlighed issues mentioned and will review them accordingly.

Thank you for taking your time to review us and we definitely look forward to receiving you again with improvements made to your stay.

Amara Singapore

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was my third stay in this hotel in last one year; but alas this time I was disappointed. Although the hotel is conveniently located, but the quality of service has deteriorated over the period. The rooms are equipped below expectation and the staff is average.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors could be less disturbing.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank charoos
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear charoos,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have shared your feedback with the respective departments. Your comments will help us to continuously monitor and upgrade our quality of service.

We love to hear from you and invite you to email to us at singapore@amarahotels.com to allow us to extend our regrets and ensure that your next visit with us will prove to be a significantly better experience.

Yours Sincerely,
Amara Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here for just over a week, loved every minute of it. The Staff were very friendly and couldnt be more helpful. The room was great, nice bathroom etc, and the complementary water every day was a nice touch. A short walk to Chinatown and the MRT, although we only used the MRT once, as the taxi's are incredibley cheap in Singapore. Plenty of dining options nearby too. Don't eat at the Chec Republic resturant attached to the hotel, it is over priced and rubbish...If you are hungry the 24 Cafe inside the foyer is very nice and reasonably priced for a hotel. Happy hour is good also. I liked the location as it has pretty much everything you need but without the hussle and bussle of Orchid Rd etc.
We will definately stay here again..

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Jodi L

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to hear that your stay with us is satisfactory, and will be sharing the positive feedback with the respective departments. This will definitely give them greater motivation as they realize their efforts and rigorous training have not gone unnoticed.

We would like to thank you for your patronage to our hotel and we hope your visit will always be an individual experience.

Yours Sincerely
Amara Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed at the Ibis on Bencoolen two years ago and decided to go with this hotel this time since I was traveling with family and needed a pool. The location is very ideal. It is in the southernmost part of the CBD, three blocks from the Tanjong Pagar MRT Station. It has a Fair Price grocery and a Seven Eleven across the street from the hotel. ATMs there as well. The room was more than adequate. The beds seems hard but actually are comfortable enough because I slept fine. Warning: for those that complain about every little noise, you may love this hotel. The A/C makes no noise so it is dead quiet in the room at night. Not much street noise at all (up on the 10th floor at least). I'm used to a little noise in the room from the A/C. So just saying, for those that just hate every little noise in the natural or man-made world, this hotel is definitely for you. As for a higher floor.
The staff here was great. They were attentive to all of my needs including lost luggage from the airport and internet setup. They also took care of calling taxis. The staff at this hotel really was first rate. The 6th floor pool also is wonderful. It is very long, like a lap pool, but still wide enough too. It looks fabulous. I'll try to add pictures. I didn't try the gym or the tennis court. Newspapers were in the elevator lobby every morning. The ice machine on the 10th floor didn't work but the one on the 9th did. The elevators are room key access above a certain floor. Room service was performed very well also. The bathroom does not lock and has one of those clear type windows on the door but you can't see through it. I prefer private bathrooms but this one wasn't such a big deal. I mean, you can tell when someone is in the bathroom so don't walk in on them. The rainfall showerhead was nice.
We ate at the Chinese restaurant on site on the second floor and it was very good. It was expensive, but very good. I would recommend it for certain.
You are a good 20-30 walk from Chinatown and Clarke Quay from this hotel. It's a long walk. Fine for in the morning just starting out but horrible by the end of the day when you're tired, hot and sweaty. Taxi's all know this hotel and the MRT is close by also. So basically, if you're a person who wants to be in the middle of action, such as Chinatown, Clarke Quay or shopping, then you may want to try to look closer to Clarke Quay or Orchard Road. But if you don't mind public transit and want a super nice hotel with a very awesome pool, this is y our hotel. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor, but I don't think the direction really matters much. I stayed on the 10th. The hotel has 19 floors I believe.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank darylwi
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I've stayed in Amara twice and I must say the service is very efficient. The check in is done in less than 10 minutes and twice I arrived around 12 noon and my rooms are ready.

The breakfast is a wide selection of Asian and western cuisine but the area can get crowded in the morning. The location is walking distance to Tanjong Pagar MRT station, there's a bus stop across the street and it's very easy to hail a cab in the area. There's also a grocery store and some nearby food shops in front that's open until around 10 in the evening even on weekends.

The last time I was here when i was checking in, i noticed that an authorization letter from one guest with credit card details written is exposed at the counter. Had to call the attention of the staff as that definitely made so uncomfortable. I leave my card details too for so the fact that they're careless with those things is a little alarming. They listened though but that seriously made me think about staying there again.

Other than that, it was a good experience. I usually stay here for a week and so far, that has been pretty smooth.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business