4,339 results
All reviews tiffin room billiard room courtyard suite monkey nuts famous long bar writers bar the palm court peanut shells on the floor high tea personal butler bucket list butler service colonial style main building rooftop pool marina bay sands sling
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

What a memorable time we had. All our family members many generations always went to this hotel and had many memories here. My wife and I loved the long bar at raffle peanuts going All over the floor Singapore sling drinks flowing what a great time. The hotel is first class also

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nigel H
Christian W, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Nigel H,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family have been with Raffles over many generations and had many good memories here with us.

The Singapore Sling was created by our bartender at Raffles Singapore in 1915 and has been a signature cocktail since. The Long Bar, home of the Singapore Sling is an iconic venue that offers a very distinctive experience, with its earthy decor inspired by Malayan plantation life in the 1920s. The deep, rich colours and greenery remind our guests of the tropical plantation life. In keeping with the relaxed atmosphere, guests are invited to brush peanut shells off the table and bar-top to the floors; quite possibly the only place in Singapore where ‘littering is encouraged’.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another return visit when we reopen.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The place is good to visit with a very good beautiful long bar and have a sip of drink there if you can afford otherwise you can visit only the Raffles Hotel is located in the centre of the city Singapore and beautiful to watch

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sushilar0ra,

Thank you for sharing your Raffles experience here with us. It is great to know that you enjoyed the convenient location we are situated in as well as the historic Long Bar for the original Singapore Sling.

We hope to welcome you back when we reopen, for a return visit.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Could not afford to stay here but visited it during the day. It really is in the centre of it all. The whole city really revolves around this area. Getting here by transit or walking was very easy. You could see marina on the bay and most of the important areas from there. The underground walkways are so long, it might be just as close walking to the other station as to take the subway there unless it is several stations away or more.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank John T

Dear John T,

I am delighted to hear that you made it a point to visit Raffles while in Singapore, and enjoyed the central location we are in. I hope you enjoyed your visit and immersed yourself in the colonial atmosphere that is unique to us, given the fact that the building is a National Monument in Singapore.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again when we reopen.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on a trip to Australia, the hotel was amazing, staff friendly and professional, the food was good in every part of the hotel we ate in. I would definitely stay here again it’s a great location .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tugboat_11

Dear Tugboat_11,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review with us. At Raffles, we pride ourselves on exemplary standards of service and hospitality and I am glad that you were able to feel welcomed and comfortable throughout your stay here.

It is also great to hear that you had enjoyed your dining experiences as well as the hotel's convenient location.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon, perhaps for a return visit when we reopen.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I've been lucky enough to treat myself to several stays at Raffles. Each visit was so special. The staff are so amazingly professional and hospitable. I know the room rate reflects the service on expects HOWEVER the hotel staff go out of their way to assist and make your stay as satisfying as they can. My first visit was in a lovely suite overlooking the courtyard and down to the area where afternoon tea is served. My room was really comfortable BUT there was a problem with my door. The lock was not working well and I couldn't access my room. Assistance came and the problem was dealt with. It was also my birthday during this visit. I was travelling alone en route home to NZ and decided I would like to treat myself to dinner in the grill room. The grill room was booked for a wine club dinner but the hotel was kind enough to seat me away from the group quietly to enjoy my meal. The maitre d was totally amazing and so so caring. I sat and enjoyed my meal. He chatted with me and my butler even came down and made a fuss of me on my birthday! My second visit was also fantastic with a lovely treat being the Ava Gardner Suite. Again, the staff were wonderful however I was unwell after my travels and my travel broker had arranged a late check out from my suite which for some reason was not on the hotel system. I did take this up with the hotel after my visit and I had a great phone call from the General Manager apologising for the mix up. Well done Raffles. Next visit was also fab with the Bentley picking me up from a location in the city and taking me to the hotel to check in accompanied by a friend who loved it all. I had the James Michener Suite which had the most wonderful location in the hotel. Once again we had afternoon tea and once again my visit was enhanced by the amazing staff (butlers and restaurant staff especially). A glorious visit and one I'm hoping to repeat once the hotel is again open for visitors.

Stayed: June 2017

Dear PatriciamH3641TP,

Thank you for sharing your many Raffles experiences here with us! I am delighted to hear that you have several memorable experiences at the hotel and I am honoured that you had chosen to celebrate your birthday here and was pleasantly surprised by our dedicated Raffles colleagues during your stay. At Raffles, we pride ourselves on exemplary standards of service and hospitality and hence I am glad that you were able to feel that through your interaction with our various colleagues.

Thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back when we reopen for a return visit to experience the same Raffles’ charming ambiance and legendary service and enjoy newly opened bars, restaurants, courtyards, and social areas.