US$320
US$294
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$327/night.

US$357
US$215
Sofitel
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$253/night.

US$128
US$98
ibis
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$375
US$217
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$283/night.

Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$191
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$343
US$259
  • Pool
Orchard Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$159
US$166
US$149
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

One Farrer Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$213
Priceline
US$931
US$639
MarinaBaySands
4,316 results
All reviewstiffin roombilliard roomcourtyard suitemonkey nutsfamous long barwriters barthe palm courtpeanut shells on the floorcourtyard barhigh teapersonal butlerbucket listbutler servicecolonial stylemain buildingrooftop poolmarina bay sands
Reviewed 14 May 2009

Since watching an old movie as a kid I wanted to go to Raffles to have the famous Singapore Sling, so on this trip we were headed for Thailand and we took the opportunity of a cheap flight out of Bangkok to visit Singapore for two days. We didn't stay at Raffles but we did go there for a very boozy afternoon sipping the drink that made it famous.
Stepping into the place was like stepping back in time, we could almost see the ghosts of staff and guests past walking through the lobby.
The sling was exactly it should be,delicious and we even bought the glass it came in as a souveneer. This is a must do on any trip to this city.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at Raffles last September for a couple of nights, as it had always been one of our lifes ambitions, and yes it did live up to our expections. When we arrived we were warmly greeted and were taken into the lobby area whilst tea was ordered for us. Within a quarter of an hour we were shown to our suite, which was more like a mini apartment, it was beautiful, and just along from the Ava Gardener suite!! The front part was a living area complete with dining table, sofa and tv, you then go through to the large bedroom area where there are also a couple of armchairs. The bathroom was divided into two rooms, one with basins and dressing area and the other with bath, shower etc., all beautifully furnished. The first afternoon we went to the Long Bar, which we had already done on our first visit to Singapore, but just felt that we had to start with the Singapore Slings again! The hotel is very large and there is alot to see if you haven't been before, like the museum shop upstairs, and then it's just so nice to wander around soaking up the atmosphere. When you go in through the front door and into the lobby area it is really stunning, I really felt transported back in time. In the evening we were so confused as to which restaurant to choose as there are quite a few, so in the end went for Doc Chengs upstairs - it was very nice and certainly different with superb food. The next morning we decided to have breakfast by the pool (as recommended by a previous trip advisor) and it was wonderful as we were the only 2 eating there! The second evening we decided to eat in the Deli Restaurant on the ground floor, which was more American diner type food - we chose this as we had just spent 2 weeks in Bali eating a lot of very rich food! It made a nice change and there was a good buzzy atmosphere. Our last morning we opted for room service for breakfast.....wow, there was everything you could have wished for: porridge with banana on top, cereal, croissants, toast, fresh fruit, full English breakfast, a nice pot of tea and freshly made coffee! And our butlers who brought it in laid up our table beautifully and were so friendly. What utter luxury - we loved it! As we weren't leaving until late that day we were offered the health suite and pool to use in the afternoon which was a nice way to end our stay there, as we weren't pushed out. I feel it certainly is a wonderful experience to stay there, yes I know there are more modern luxury hotels in Singapore.....but if you want to taste a little bit of a bygone era, in perhaps the most beautiful building in Singapore then it has to be Raffles! You must also remember that you are staying in one of the top tourist sites so when you come out of the sanctuary of your apartment, you are in with all the tourists, so obviously the staff aren't always going to remember you, but when they realise that you are guests, then we were treated with the utmost courtesy. My only regret is that we did not do the afternoon tea in the tiffin room, oh well I guess it's an excuse to go back!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DorsetCrab
Reviewed 12 April 2009

I decided to stay at Raffles Singapore because of its reputation versus other 5-star hotels in Singapore. Everyone told me how great the hotel was and I would be pampered. However, I was extremely disappointed and upset with the service. Let me list out my underwhelming experience:

1) We called the hotel in advance about our late check-in around 11:30pm. When we arrived there, nobody helped us get off the taxi, nobody carried our bags, nobody opened the doors. In fact we couldn't find a staff to help us check-in. We did manage to check-in after 10min of wandering

2) Next morning we ordered breakfast in our room, they didn't give us what we ordered and frankly the staff seemed pretty unfamiliar with the menu

3) Every time we pressed the "butler button" in our room, front desk called and asked what we needed. I said I would like to see my butler then the butler showed up after 15min. If the front desk called every time I pressed the button then what's the point of having the "butler button" in the room? I was told there were three shifts of butlers to serve us but I kept seeing different people in each shift. Butler didn't leave us he/she contact so when we were out we couldn't get him/her to make arrangements for us. These things totally defeated the purpose of a butler

4) We wanted to check out the hotel facilities and entered through the main lobby. A hotel manager stopped us because we didn't have proper dress code unless we were hotel guests. That's fine so I told him I was their hotel guest. He just shrugged his shoulders and did not apologize or at least say "good morning, sir". Completely rude!

5) We left a note on the fruit plate about what fruits we wanted for that evening. When we got back at night, fruit plate was not replenished and the note was still there.

6) Drinking glass was broken on my bed side table

7) Toilet supplies were not refilled

8) It finally went beyond my tolerance and I told the butler what happened and demanded an apology from the hotel manager when we check-out next morning

9) When we were carrying our bags to the lobby to check-out, a staff was moving furniture and we were both trying to get through a tight corner from opposite directions. The staff didn't give way and I actually got hit by the furniture he's moving

10) Hotel manager sounded very nice and apologetic and wrote down everything I was not happy with like 1) - 9) mentioned above. He said he would follow up with me shortly. We traveled on the Mar 21 weekend and I really thought it was a one-off and didn't want to publicize my poor experience. Three weeks have gone by and they haven't followed up. I guess they don't care...

To be fair, the building, facilities and decoration are absolutely gorgeous. It was really one of the best in the region. Some of the events above may be one-off's and I can accept that but some of them are very substandard as a 5-star hotel and a combination of errors is really not acceptable. I booked through a discount hotel website may be that's why I didn't get the best out of them.

People have different travel preferences, I enjoy more on personal experience and hotel service with attention to details really makes a difference. If you have traveled enough, service is really the key to differentiate from other 5-star competitors.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
20  Thank jskwu
Reviewed 4 March 2009

There is nothing negative that I can say about Raffles. This was the 3rd stay over the past few years and whilst some suggest that its character has changed since it was refurbished, it is still a wonderful place to stop over.

The suites are comfortable, the location is central, and the service always impresses without being too formal and stuffy.

Whenever I travel via Singapore Raffles will always be my first choice.

Enjoy

Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank davidjoanne
Reviewed 24 February 2009

We have had afternoon tea in the tiffin restaurant on four ocassions and it has been our dream to atually stay at the hotel. Wow we were not disapponted. What an amazing experience. We absolutely loved everything about our stay. The style of the hotel and the service are second to none. It was our 40th wedding anniversary and our travel agent had advised the hotel. Everyone knew our name and made the occasion so special. On the actual day we had the curry buffett. It was excellant and although pricey worth every penny. We were served with a annniversary cake and all staff wished us happy anniversary. We went back to our suite and sat outside. We were presented with a bottle of champagne and had a spa bath run for us. There were rose petals placed in the bathroom for us. The swimming pool on the roof is superb. Towels are put out for you. Would we stay again - absolutely without a doubt.

Old-fashioned style and service second to none, they even get a chair on which to put your handbag so you don't need to put it on the floor! All staff were charming and efficient, nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in one of the courtyard suites which we loved.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple