4,346 results
All reviews tiffin room billiard room courtyard suite monkey nuts famous long bar writers bar the palm court peanut shells on the floor courtyard bar high tea personal butler bucket list butler service colonial style main building rooftop pool marina bay sands
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Very nice rooms . Very quiet. Nice bathrooms. Nice pool and good food. Spa is also nice. Room service also very good. Have no complaints! Liked our stay very much.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flankflicking
Pierre J, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Many thanks for your positive review, Raffles Hotel Singapore is looking forward to welcoming you again.

Pierre Jochem,
General Manager Raffles Hotel Singapore & Regional Vice President, Operations, Asia Pacific, Raffles Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Singapore is an incredible city, full of some of the finest hotels in the world. When traveling with different business partners I've stayed at several of them, the Mandarin Oriental, Pan Pacific, Fullerton and Four Seasons, to name a few. But when traveling on my own and given the choice I always choose Raffles. It isn't just that Raffles is a marvelous hotel in its own right, but I am always overwhelmed by the sense of history in it and what it has seen in its lifetime as a hotel, from its early days in the Crown Colony, through WWII and into independence, it has housed the movers and shakers of all those periods.

I had a Grand Hotel Suite so there is certainly nothing to complain about in terms of the accommodations. The suite is very spacious, wonderfully appointed with antiques and spectacular furniture and the verandah a great place to conduct business meetings to impress clients and prospects.

Singapore is also one of the great food cities of the world and some of the best are right in the hotel. I love the Bar and Billiards Room, especially their Carving Sunday Brunch, a Singapore Sling in the Long Bar is almost mandatory, but the steaks are excellent too and The Raffles Grill has the feel of a very different era, but delivers very contemporary cuisine.

As to the staff, I am not sure any of them knows the word "no" as every request I had was met with a smiling "of course, how soon would you like that." Every one was friendly, not just trained to be polite and friendly, but genuinely warm.

The ultimate kicker was being met at the airport by the hotel's Bentley and be driven to the hotel, a surprise and quite a happy one, from my assistant.

I'd recommend Raffles to business travelers, honeymooners and especially solo travelers because of the friendliness of staff and the feeling of camaraderie among the guests. It is like belonging to club where you might not know all the members, but you share a commonality with them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank scottca075

Thank you for sharing your impressions on Raffles Hotel Singapore with us and the other users. I understand that you know Singapore very well and am happy that your personal choice for staying & dining is the Raffles Hotel Singapore. Indeed we strive to make our guests feel cared for and at ease - surrounded with genuine service as gentle as a breeze.

I look forward to meeting you at your next stay with us.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

There are plenty of reviews here that do great justice to this absolutely fabulous hotel, so I will keep mine brief. There is simply no substitute, in Singapore let alone the world, for the quality of the service at this hotel.

I had dinner at the Long Bar Steakhouse with my parents for their anniversary--a fact that casually came up in conversation with our waiter, Jefferson (who, despite his young age, was incredibly professional. Would not hesitate to ask for him by name next time, and would encourage others to do so as well). To our surprise and great delight he brought out an extra cake with a "Happy Anniversary" wish written in chocolate. That is the sort of personal touch that causes this hotel to outrank any other.

The staff was attentive (to say the least) and seemed to know all of the details of our trip and of our experiences in the hotel. The architecture, the ambiance, everything, was absolutely stunning. Please do not miss out on a chance to at least visit, if not stay, in the Raffles Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nick P

Thank you very much for your review of Raffles Hotel Singapore. I am delighted to hear that you had a special time with us and that the dinner at Long Bar Steak House was to your satisfaction. I have shared your compliments both with the F&B team and with Jefferson and we all look forwrad to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I've stayed at Raffles five or six times....and while it never seems to change - it does - it gets better. I do agree with others who fault the room decor as dated but I don't mind the Raj period decor - far more character and charm than the new product out there -- BUT the bathrooms are getting a tad tired and are in need of a refurbish.

I highly recommend The Empire Room (for killer authentic Chinese food) (it's located in the adjacent Raffles Arcade complex, and the breakfast at the Tiffin is among the best I've ever had -- brillant selection of foods, great service, and charm. Fresh squeezed juice and made to order eggs that are perfection- what's not to love. The Long Bar is terrific - but for my money (and if you can eat early enough - as it closes early - the pool bar serves up a mean fish and chips (along with the "original" Singapore Sling - if you wish). The pool and accompanying spa are fantastic. This is the perfect place for quiet relaxation and decompression time- and a welcome respite from noise main stream hotel pools. It's like a little oasis of calm in a frenetic town. And, it's never crowded.

If you can swing it - opt for one of the Personality Suites in the main hotel. Re the courtyard suites - they are charming -- BUT I recommend that you actually see your room if at all possible before you accept it. If you can't swing the main building - do NOT go for a ground floor room. You will sleep better not hearing someone walk to and fro over your head at all hours (remember - people are arriving and departing at all hours). This is an old historic hotel and soundproofing is .... as you would expect given it's vintage.

Room service is flawless and we found the bed "heaven". Great sheets, and they listened to and responded quickly to our request for extra pillows. Rooms are dark - with no views - but order up a drink and sit on your (shared) terrace/room walkway in a rocker and there is little else to ask for....

Conciege can do wonders if you need them to. Check in is efficient and courteous and the doorman (a Sikh) is a gentleman....

We did feel that the mini-bar charges were a little out of touch with reality.

Room Tip: Go for a Personality Suite in main hotel. If you are sensitive to noise opt for a second floor (rather than ground floor).
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank J H H
Pierre J, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay at Raffles Hotel Singapore. I am glad you enjoyed our different restaurants and that you found the peace & tranquility in the room as well as in the spa that you were looking for.

I noted your comments on the bathrooms and the minibar pricing and appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

The best buffet in Singapore. All my Japanese friends loved it and the Western friends were also just as willing to give their diet a day off.

Pity about the bakery though. It appears to have gone down hill. I treated my family to it during our family Christmas holiday. It doesn't compare to other famous patisseries unfortunately.

Room Tip: I didn't stay at the hotel because I was concerned about the noise pollution. I love a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PierrePrecieuse

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, I am glad you came back for eating at our restaurant. I take note of your comments regarding the pastries and have shared them with our Executive Chef.

I hope to see you again at the Raffles Hotel Singapore - please be assured that despite the central location, our rooms are quiet thanks to good overall sound-proofing. If you look for a particularly quiet place, I recommend you our Palm Court Suites and Personality Suites which look over the inner garden.