6,812 results
All reviewsclarke quaypremier loungegreat locationliang courtaccor membernight liferestaurants and barsshopping centrefort canning parkexecutive roomking bedan upgrademarina bay sandsthe ground floormrt stationbuffet breakfastcentral location
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Ater desperately hunting around for somewhere to stay with my wie and two yound kids in Singapore I decided on a suite at the Novotel - and what a great decision it was.
The other alternative was two inter-connecting rooms, but with a decent room upwards of $300, it was going to be $600-$700 per night for our three night stay. Instead we got a premier suite for just over $400 and were treated like royalty.
Other reviews will tell you all about the Novotel's great position, modern facilities, cleanliness and service, but for me this was a hidden gem for a travelling family.
Being in a suite, they put you on the premier floor which gives you access to the premier lounge. Between 6pm and 8pm there are complimentary drinks and canapes for the whole family, with access to the Mac internet terminals all day, as well as newspapers from around the world.
But best is the suite itself. While we had requested beds for the kids they had not been arranged on our arrival. No problem - within five minutes of reaching our room housekeeping were on the spot making up two separate beds from the couch and trundle in the lounge area of the suite. And as both the lounge and the bedroom (with enormous, comfy King bed) have their own flat screen television this was every bit as good as inter-connecting rooms. The bathroom is enormous with a fantastic spa bath as well.
The Nova is designed as a business hotel, but there were lots of families down at the included buffet breakfast, and Clarke Quay has lots of dining options as well as clubs and bars. The Novotel has its own shopping mall with more interesting and inexpensive eateries, as well as Subway and Maccas for the less adventurous.
Had a look at the pool too - big and plenty of cabanas/lounges lining it.
I would recommend the Nova to anyone visiting Singapore.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MelbourneStriker
Reviewed 22 March 2009

Arrived at reception to find a fresh, modern lobby. iMacs in the reception area for free internet use. Hotel bar is secluded and quiet - modern 'chill out' style. Nice Asian selection, buffet food for breakfast/lunch etc .
Check in staff were attentive and polite - they also upgraded me to a superior room with small balcony and panoramic views of the city skyline.

Conference rooms felt a little 'tired' and cramped. Gym was just fine for a business trip - some running machines, stepper, bike and fixed multi-gym style equipment.

I stayed for a three day business training event. Good location, walk to Raffles, Shopping Malls, Chinatown etc. Subway is also close to Hotel. Clarke Quay itself is a bit 'naff' and touristy to my tastes , but you at least have a central location from which to base yourself.

I'd stay here again - probably better hotels around for a holiday or romantic trip, but the superior room and view I had were ideal for a 'functional' business stay where a comfy bed, gym access and good service were the only things I cared about!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Britpop73
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We stayed at the Nova in March, we had an executive premier room. The room was large with two king size beds, well lit with enough space for clothes, didn't use the executive lounge, so can't comment on that one. The main restaurant was a bit pricey, and so were the drinks, ( no different to any other hotel in Singapore) our breakfast was included, the buffet breakfast was 30 singapore dollars plus the taxes. But there again Singapore has always been a pricy place, and most people who visit know this before they go and are prepared. Didn't watch the tele or play any dvd's, so no comment on that one either. The towels were changed everyday, 1 bath and 1 hand towel each, plus face cloths, these were adequate for our needs, didn't go on holiday to spend most of the time in the bathroom, which incidentally was a very nice bathroom. Did have one problem whilst staying there, the main mantle lights, which were concealed but were very bright, kept going on whilst they were switched off, not too good in the middle of the night, but the problem was sorted as soon as we reported it. Would stay there again as it is in a very good and nice location, It compares well with most other hotels in that class that we have stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank patsyManchester
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I am disappointed with this hotel. I stayed at the exec premier floor room with access to the premier lounge. I am comparing it with The Hilton Exec Rm with access to exec lounge.

The Novotel room was much smaller! Fixtures and fittings were just ordinary. Everything was open - there isn't any drawers by the bedside to put any books or reading materials. There is also no wardrobe drawers for that matter. It's just a square room. Lightings could be improved upon. There is no bedside reading lights by the side. And there is only 1 bedside pedestal (without any drawers). What kind of an exec room is this? I mean, the Hilton's exec room is so spacious, well furnished and wonderfully bright with good lightings and ample cabinets to keep our stuff.

The TV, though LCD, was only 21" (compare this with Hilton's 37" or 42" mounted on the wall) and the proprietary cable TV remote control is frustrating as I have to keep on pressing the "up" button when I switched on the TV to get to CNN or Discovery, as there are no buttons for the digits to be entered. There is a DVD player alright - but it could not play my DVDs, even after 2 changes by the technician (he took the DVDs from other rooms on the same floor for me). I was told later by the receptionist at the premier lounge that the DVD players could only play Code 3 discs (Asean region), which baffles me, because the clientele are mainly Europeans and cabin crew staff from Middle East. Surely hotels need to have a multi-player system?

The good thing about the toilet is that the bath and the shower stalls are separate. Having said that, the housekeeping is a bit mean in issuing towels. Only 2 were issued out per day. There are 2 toilet holders, but one was so loose that whenever I pulled on it, the whole toilet roll dropped to the floor!

There is a small balcony, and being at level 24, this was one of the better features of the hotel - having a scenic and wonderful view of Singapore's skyline. I got the housekeeping maid to open up the sliding door for me, so that whenever I get depressed seeing the size of my so called "exec room", I simply escape to the balcony.

Service - was also mediocre. Although the premier lounge staff were courteous, they were not overwhelming in their hospitality, unlike the exec lounge staff from the Hilton. For example, we took a bottle of fruit juice, drank it halfway and decided to go back to our room, only to be told that it is meant to be fully consumed within the lounge area!

The premier lounge food? pales in comparison to the Hilton's. Nothing is being offered here after breakfast - no cookies, no finger foods, no cakes or tartlets. Only drinks. Have to wait till 6pm when evening cocktails start. Even then, the range of food wasn't as good.

The lounge though offers 2 Apple PCs connected by broadband for use by those having access to the lounge. This is a plus point. But I am used to PCs operating on Microsoft windows OS.

And one last bit of annoying fact is that you have to get to the 7th floor where the hotel check-in desk is located. This means you have to use the hotel lift from your room to the hotel lobby at 7th floor, walk to the shopping centre's connecting lift across the lobby and go down to street level. It's just a hassle after some time for us.

So you can understand my disappointment when I have to compare the rooms, the different treatment and the services.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravellerKen
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Was there with my family on Mar 15 for one night stay.
Hotel staff are very friendly and approachable. Room is a bit old but comfortable and cosy as we stayed in the executive room with a superb view of the city skyline. Dined at the hotel's restaurant and find the fod was so so but agin staff are friendly thought slightly short-handed(clearly of plate and refilling of drinks slow).

3 things missing:
1. no children pool
2. free mineral water restricted to one bottle.
3. Complimentary carpark restricted to only 1 free ticket during each stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family