6,919 results
All reviews clarke quay premier lounge great location night life liang court accor member restaurants and bars shopping centre fort canning park executive room king bed an upgrade marina bay sands the ground floor mrt station buffet breakfast central location
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Stayed here for 9 nights. First checked into room on level 9 Clarke Quey side, and the nightclub noises were unbearable! Even on a Tuesday night! Could not sleep till 3am because of the beats. And we are a young couple!! Didn’t make it to the weekend noise as we asked to be moved and were placed on the 20th floor overlooking the pool which was much quieter.

As said in another post. This room had the double bed pushed up against a side wall so you had to crawl into the bed form the end. Not really a problem, though not expected in a room of typical Novotel standard. And the fridge only kept things just on cool, which is not what you want in the Singapore humidity.

Pool was nice. Cocktails not too good unless you like pure alcohol and no flavour. The strawberry daiquiri was tequila and ice but no strawberry. And they advertise poolside bar, however it is really just a phone for you to call the inside restaurant.

Breakfast not worth it at more than S$30 per person. They quote S$25 then like many tourist areas add the ++ taxes. At breakfast the bread had mould, and one of the staff looked at me very confused when I pointed at it, as she didn’t know what it was. Another staff member quickly took it away. For a typical buffet breakfast it was very dismal and below standard.

Also the Clarke Quay restaurants are very expensive compared with other tourist locations, and again hit you with the ++ taxes at the end of the meal. They do have a $15 nett lunch deal which is good value. Though in general, much better deals at Orchard Road or Sentosa

I wouldn’t stay here again. For the same price there are much nicer hotels in better locations.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest room possible
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AustralianGirl_11
NovotelSingapore, Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Dear Sir/Mdm

As our valued guest, we very much appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay.

Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay is situated in the vibrant heart of Clarke Quay that offers the best entertainment and dining options which is well-suited for business and leisure travellers.

In relation with your F&B experience, we would feedback to the team as part of our continuous improvement process to deliver a high quality product for all our guests.

Thank you for sharing with us your stay experience and we hope to see you next time you visit Singapore and our hotel again.

With kind regards,
Quality Service Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2011

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 May 2011

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 May 2011

Good.
Great location, within walking distance of most Quay side and Marina attractions. Also handy for the Metro. Hotel generally clean but rooms beginning to show their age. Reasonably priced for location and hotel facilities. My room had an amazing view of the Marina.
Bad.
I had an early start for my city tour so needed a fairly early night and a good nights sleep. Being on Clarke Quay the night life continues into the early hours, so all i got all night was thumping disco beat and drunken screams.......i'm not a kill joy but............!!!
I am an Accor Gold card holder and do expect a bit of "Extra". When I asked for a late check out I was refused so I when up and got my bag and came back to check out. The girl then said "why are you checking out, I thought you wanted a late check out". I said "but you refused so I need to check out now" she then said "OK we give you a late check out"
Bit late now i've packed my bag and left the room!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LilleNigel
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We had a pleasant stay at Novotel. The service we received was superb from the time we arrived up to the time we left. Everybody was helpful. The Filipina staff named Desiree was very accommodating. She gave us 2 rooms in the same floor since I was travelling with my teenage children. The hotel location is also convenient because the nearby mall Liang Court can be accessed using the hotel elevator near the restaurant at the 7th floor. It is a short walk to the MTR station. There is also a catholic church nearby, just a 5 minute walk. Thanks to Novotel Operator named Maria who patiently gave us directions going to Sacred Heart Church and the schedule of English mass :-)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Mdm,

We very much appreciate your comments via TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay.

We will share your comments with our team and are certain that this feedback will serve as encouragement and motivation to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank You and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay on your next visit again.

With kind regards,