“Great location in middle of Orchard Shopping District” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mandarin Orchard Singapore

Ranked #71 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Margaret River, Australia
“Great location in middle of Orchard Shopping District”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel with a 1 year old baby. Reception is 24 hours, which was convenient as we arrived early morning. Check-in staff were accommodating in trying to get us in our room as soon as possible. The general (communal) area is very nice and modern, no expenses spared. We had breakfast in the restaurant every morning, which was buffet style and what you would expect for this standard of accommodation. Personnel were generally helpful, but could be friendlier. Sometimes english was a bit of a problem, which I didnt suspect from Singapore. The room was a bit dusty and tired looking. Our bar fridge broke down and took 2 complaints and more than a day to get replaced with another (old) one. I would consider staying here again, but only if I was travelling without children. The pool is not child friendly and you have to walk through the main check-in area to get to it, which is a bit embarrassing to see guests with slippers and robes walk through the posh foyer. Recommend booking with them direct, we booked through Agoda and that placed some restrictions on the flexibility of certain services, such as breakfast package with the room etc. We came for business and a bit of leisure, so it served our purpose.

Room Tip: We had views of Orchard Road, which was nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear MargaretsForest,

Thank you and I am glad that you and your family with your one year old baby had a comfortable stay with us.

My apologies that the room was a bit dusty and that we did not respond promptly on the repair of your mini bar. I have highlighted your feedback to my Housekeeping Team.

I am pleased that you will consider staying with us again; we do look forward to that and welcoming you back.

Mandarin Orchard Singapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We booked a deluxe room in Mandarin Orchard and was impressed to see the hotel's building did a major facelift. The only negative part is the main lobby which is actually located on the 5th floor. They should have arranged a personnel in-charge of informing all the guests who arrived at the ground floor instead of letting us wait in the line only to be told the main lobby is at level 5 and the ground floor only serve group check-in. Well, little hiccup there but delighted to see a broad smilling receptionist at Level 5 lobby.

We got a room in their Main Tower and it was really spacious by S'pore standard. The room had a little bit of facelift, with new cupboards and workdesk. The only dissappointment will be the toilet because it looked a little bit dated but fortunately it was clean.

Location wise, you can't ask for a better location. Right at the centre of Orchard road and eateries are easily found every corners. MRT station is about 5 mins walk away. Will choose Mandarin for my next visit there.

Room Tip: Make sure you request for rooms at the Main Tower
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Vacation888,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay with us. I am happy that you received a warm welcome from our Receptionist on the 5th Floor Lobby.

We do have Meritus Ambassadors on the 1st Floor Lobby directing guests who will be checking in - to the 5th floor. It is unfortunate that they missed you on your arrival.

I am delighted that you will return to stay with us on your next visit. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Mandarin Orchard.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Only stayed two nights on a quick business trip. My room was in the main tower. It was very clean and comfortable. Check in took some time, but that was mainly due to a mistake of double booking, which was sorted, not the fault of the hotel. Had breakfast included and really enjoyed the huge variety of food on offer. Had dinner one night, and again, there was plenty to choose from in the buffet.
Couldn't work out the in room wifi and ended up paying for it, which i thought was expensive. The room lacked information about how to use the phone and didn't really have any 'hotel info' booklet. Maybe mine was missing? All in all it was a lovely stay even only for two nights.

Room Tip: I was in the main tower on the 25th floor, and it was very serene.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Lioness64,

Thank you for your feedback and I am very glad that you enjoyed your 2 night stay with us. I am also very happy to see that you enjoyed the selections offered in our Breakfast and Dinner Buffet.

We do have a "hotel information booklet" - it is available when the guest turns on the television. I have noted your comments on the lack of information on the use of the telephone which we will look into immediately.

You also mentioned that you could not work out the Wifi in your room, please contact me at gmoffice.orchard@meritushotels.com providing me your room number and period of stay so that I can look into this.

We look forward to your return visit and we hope it will be soon.

Denpasar, Bali
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have an experience stayed at Mandarin at May 2010, it was the first time we stayed.
Rooms OK, good view to Orchard Road at Main Tower.
I traveled with my 02 kids.
I met many Indonesian there.

Even, my sister-in-law always stayed at the Mandarin each time she gets medical check up at Mt. E with her family, once she had a very bad experience to have a room that looks worn and fairly a lot of dust. I though, they placed at old building or old rooms. It look like a spooky rooms while in night come. I don't know why it become.

Next March at 04-07 '12 is my second stay at Mandarin Orchard, hopefully I can get my previous rooms in NEW Tower with same rooms category in Deluxe with Orchard Rd view.
Since I have strongly request to my agent to put us at NEW Tower rooms. And it confirmed by Fennee (pls see my room book under name Yossi Indra D).
Thanks..

Room Tip: ask to have a NEW Tower/New Building rooms
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mandarin_Orchard, General Manager at Mandarin Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Ryen112,

Thank you for coming back to stay with us.

Yes, we have received your booking and we have noted your preferences.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards,

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

always enjoyed our stay at the mandarin orchard. We love the location , close to every shopping area we like. At the Hotel arcade are many restaurants which are very nice and cosy and the MRT station are within walking distance . We like to come back to this Hotel whenever we come to Spore again .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Hastinardani D
Dear Easytobook.com traveller,

I am very happy that you always enjoy your stay with us and that you always stay at the Mandarin Orchard when you come to Singapore.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Residence in Singapore.

Kind Regards,