“how long, oh Lord ?”

DB Bistro & Oyster Bar
Reserve with Chope
DB Bistro & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 12,501 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Description: Located in the luxury retail and dining atrium of the Marina Bay Sands Resort & Casino, just across from the Sands Theatre, db Bistro & Oyster Bar offers an exciting mix of traditional French bistro cooking with contemporary American flavors, and a world-renown collection of signature burgers. Chef Daniel Boulud reinterprets the classic Parisian bistro while sharing the energy and style of his acclaimed db Bistro Moderne in Midtown Manhattan. In addition to the slew of Parisan bistro favourites and New York-style burgers that have found pride of place on the menu, the revamped menu brings with it plenty from the sea. Expect to find freshly shucked French and American oysters alongside Maine lobsters and Alaskan king crabs. Apart from a daily selection of crudo and ceviches, you’ll find seafood-centric dishes ranging from a classic shrimp cocktail to crowd-pleasing lobster rolls. Seasonal dishes such as whole-roasted Mediterranean seabass and Boulud’s signature Duo of Beef.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Strange experience. Interesting menu and great food (with prices to match) but slow, and somewhat haphazard service, out of the kitchen on a less than busy Sunday lunchtime - the toddler's meal, requested as the first cab off the rank, arrived last for instance and the coffee took ages. That said, if you fancy a choice of fresh oysters (west coast Canadian, east coast American and French the day we went) and a lot of appetising seafood choice, and happen to be in the area (I know - why Marina Bay Sands ?), DB Bistro and Oyster Bar has an agreeable atmosphere, charming front of house staff and well presented/executed dishes. The drinks are fine too with a decent wine list and Menebrea (a good Italian brew) somewhat bizarrely being the draft beer. Any gustatory issues ? Well, the kid's crepe looked a bit odd and was eaten by the Dad rather than by the daughter but the foie gras (not my choice) went down well and the crab cakes were succulent and nicely textured. The lobster roll was less successful. We passed on dessert but to finish the restaurant served some delicious madeleines and there is clearly an excellent pastry chef in the kitchen. If you are looking for a good feed at a reasonable price the (choice of) three course brunch menu seemed a worthwhile deal. Crisper service out of the 'back office' and DB's would have been a winner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

The bistro is set in a convenient location close the Marina Bay Sands hotel and caters to a demanding clientele. I would describe the service as attentive, with good main courses but unsurprising. All in all a very decent restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Hunger striked so me and my wife decided to look for a nice restaurant where we could eat and relax for a while so we chose DB Bistro. I ordered burger and my wife tried the Oysters and it was really delicious great recommendation by our server Olivia! Not to mention dining was pretty busy when we arrived and yet she managed to make us feel comfortable and made sure that all our needs are well taken care of. She is for keep and such an asset to the restaurant and when we come back we will definitely look for her. Good food great service what else you would ask for? We left the resto with a full bellies and happy smiles kudos!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Ive Been a loyal fan of dB for two years, every time I stumble thinking of where to eat, DB is the answer. Reservations can be made by chope (local booking app), service is up to Singapore standards - waiters able to pick and recommend the best items (and they always do this without fail). Although sometimes they happen to recommend the most expensive thing on the menu, I can look past that because like all restaurants , knowing what to order is crucial . Items that will NEVER fail, and has never failed me are :
1. FRENCH ONION SOUP (CHEESE pull is real),
2. Oysters , constantly sourced from around the world. Fave thus far are ones from ireland
3. Mediterranean sea bass with cauliflower puree. Fish cooked to flaky perfection, crispy baked oven skin and a smooth,creamy cauliflower puree.
4. Spaghetti Nero

In general the seafood is amazing, the variery of the seafood both raw and cooked is commendable. Just avoid any form of meat and you'll be in for a treat.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We shared the suckling pig for 2 @ Sing$ 88 .I admit I didn't read the full description ,after all suckling pig is suckling pig ,at least the many I have sampled .However this was all stuffing with a bare surround of actual meat .We stopped eating when we realised it was all stuffing ,we asked where the meat was but were politely told this was how it was described and this is how they serve it ,we were thanked for our feedback and asked did we want something else which is fair enough but in these situations you really don't want to go to the bother of starting over ,the accompanying veg by the way was a very small offering. The young lady said she would have a word with the chef about the description , may I venture pork sausage without the skin. The offending dish was described on the bill as CNY ( Chinese New Year ) Suckling pig ,yes it was Chinese New Year but any Chinese restaurant would have been ashamed to serve it. Sing$ 10 for still water and $19 for a tiny glass of Sauvignon Blanc ...not cheap but I usually don't mind paying but our last night in Singapore spoiled ,I'll stick with what I know next time.