“The Ultimate sushi experience”
Review of Shinji by Kanesaka

Shinji by Kanesaka
Ranked #163 of 11,086 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$60 - US$360
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Core
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This is a pricey place, so do not gow if 300S$++ per person will make you feel unconfortable. But if you can afford it and if you want to experience something extraordinery make sure to visit Shinji.
The two hours I have spend there count among the most exciting and amusing time I have ever experieced during dinner.
Can't wait to return.

There are newer reviews for Shinji by Kanesaka

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Never disappointed.
Been here several times, service check. Food double check. Ambience check.
What more can I ask for?:)

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I visited shinji on mid November. It has nice authentic decor with beautiful wooden counter. We order omakase. Entire experience was ok but I just simply felt painful when I paid the bill (nearly $600). Of course with this price it should be good quality but I ususally concern the cost performance and it makes me feel not worth for it. As I mentioned it was ok. Food is good, Service honestly so so, ambience very good. I believe this price range should show something special and wow theguest. Just it doesn't make me feel happy after the meal like everybody commented and make me feel to come back. If I am rich, it doesn't matter but I rather recommend to go to Japan and have same quality in more reasonable price even pay for the air ticket.

3  Thank David19860
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Omakase roughly translates to "chef's recommendation". @ Shinji, you get to choose the chef you want to serve you. The sashimi is always fresh...and sometimes, the chef will share a joke with you. (I particularly find one chef really cute! :) )

My fave at Shinji is the uni (sea urchin) which can be served in so many ways...whatever the chef deems the best way to serve it. Sometimes, it's in season and you'll have a range of choices.

There are different omakase sets to choose from and I usually go for the $250 set menu (excluding taxes and service charge). The lunch set starts from $75. I have yet to try the dinner omakase set.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Pros
(1)Best sushi in Singapore by far. Another sushi will taste like crap after you try this.
(2) Excellent service.

Cons
(1) Counter tables so not much privacy
(2) Expensive