“Good French Restaurant”

Ranked #1,020 of 11,356 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$25 - US$150
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Quays
Description: Contemporary French Cuisine in a historical building with a view of Singapore River and landscape. Led by rising star Chef Nicolas Reynard and General Manager Vincent Jaureguiberry, Absinthe is best known for serving classic French cuisine complemented with signature Absinthe hospitality and extremely well- --priced wines in a convivial environment, right in the heart of Singapore's business district.
Reviewed 22 August 2016

After walking along crowded Boat Quay on a Friday evening, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised to find the area outside the restaurant to be relatively quiet. The restaurant is on the 2nd level, there was only one other couple there, and very quiet, which was great for us.

We find the ambience of the restaurant very pleasant, cozy and very cool compared to the humid warm temperature outside. The manager from Monte Carlo was very cheerful, very professional and good without being intrusive.

My wife had foie gras and duck confit, I had the fresh oysters, beef cheek. We ordered a bottle of Cote du Rhone to go with the food, and I had some cheese to finish the wine with. The food was excellent, my wife commented the foie gras was exquisite and the duck confit superb with the wine. The oyster I had was just OK, nothing to shout about, but the braised beef cheek was very "melts in the mouth" tender and delicious, and went very well with the wine. We finished with coffee and shared the pear crumble.

It was overall a very pleasant evening, we spent chatting and talking in a very nice, quiet and cozy setting, and not having to fight with crowd, the noise and the heat, the restaurant reminded us of our holiday in southern France many many years ago.

The bill was not the cheapest, but to me, it was well worth it; my wife was very happy and so was I.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

it's the first that we came for a dinner and it was a nice surprice. The pricing is very fair (even better than most of the french restaraunt (overpriced in Singapore). Real french traditional good food (no fusion or trendy).Very good choice of starter and main course. The only negative point is the wine list (too limited choice for a bottle below 100 SGD) but if you want to spend more it's a very good value for money. For sure We will come back for dinner (as for the lunch / lunch during the week is very inexpensive)

1  Thank Denis C
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Location was perfect...chose to sit outdoors. Menu ideal although entree portions could have been 15% larger.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Nice ambience. Good variety of selection. Good for business lunches as well as private talks with friends.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Not our first visit and we always liked the ambiance and service. Will return soon for small gathering or celebration.

1  Thank Dr_Disciple