“Great choice for lunch”

Ranked #892 of 11,067 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$25 - US$150
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Quays
Description: Contemporary French Cuisine in a historical building with a view of Singapore River and landscape. Led by rising star Chef Nicolas Reynard and General Manager Vincent Jaureguiberry, Absinthe is best known for serving classic French cuisine complemented with signature Absinthe hospitality and extremely well- --priced wines in a convivial environment, right in the heart of Singapore's business district.
Reviewed 18 June 2015

The set lunches here are decent value at $38++ for 3 courses. Service was efficient, but didn't seem that friendly. I had the duck confit for main course which I thought was excellent. Starter and dessert were good but not exceptional. We came as a group of 5 and shared a bottle of wine with the total bill coming to $315. I've been here a few times for lunch and would certainly come back.

1  Thank KGB777
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Absinthe

Reviewed 15 June 2015

One could not ask for more from a restaurant in terms of preparation, service, and dining experience.
From the initial inquiry through to the end of service, everything was handled impeccably by the team.
Reservations and Events Manager Jeanine could not have been more prompt or helpful and arranging the event including making special provisions to seat us separately from the main dining area for privacy despite the private rooms being booked on the night.
Chef Nicolas did an outstanding job in the kitchen with his brigade with perfectly timed service for our delicious and beautifully plated 6 courses. Ken and YL ensured that every diner was well looked after during the course of the meal with fresh glasses and frequent but well judged top ups of our wine selection.
Vincent should be, and no doubt is, extremely proud to have brought a European level of service and professionalism to our local dining scene.
Many thanks and rest assured we will be back again soon

3  Thank RBRG10
Reviewed 2 June 2015

I think whether you declare this as great or average depends on your perspective and experience. I have eaten a lot of French food, and the food at Absinthe was, honestly, just average or, really, below average. The bread was very good, the lobster bisque was tasty, but the fois gras terrine was so-so. The duck leg confit had tasty, crispy skin but very dried-out meat and was accompanied by what were supposed to be sarladaise potatoes (fried in duck fat) but they had absolutely no flavor, no crispy edges, no seasoning, nothing to make me want more. The grilled Iberico pork was dry and overwhelmed by mustard. Our meal would have been acceptable at half the price, but for 150 SGD, we felt unsatisfied. We sat riverside, which was very pleasant; with fans overhead, it was cool enough, and watching the goings-on up and down the river was fun. Service was fine, if at times a little slow. But keep your expectations for the food low if you dine here. With so many options in Singapore, I would not make this a destination.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

I have dined at this restaurant twice in the last 6 months, this is obviously an indication that the first time was enjoyable. The 2nd time was just as good by the way…..
The service is very good, both visits we had a Frenchman as our waiter and he was very informative and helpful with the menu and in particular wine selection.
The food was out of this world and I can’t wait to go back.
The restaurant itself is in a very good location without door seating available, I prefer inside which is also very nice.
If you are after fine French food in Singapore then you can’t go past this place.

2  Thank sean b
Reviewed 17 May 2015

The burgers, which I did not get looked great. The steak tartare was mediocre at best. Booze selection was not bad. Would not return likely, but would say that the burger would be the only reason that would drag me back there.