“Go easy on seasoning. Super thirsty after leaving bad after taste”
Review of Ps Cafe

Ps Cafe
Ranked #1,426 of 12,641 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Met friends and have lunch together. My husband took the PS cafe burger and I took the crab tart and we shared a truffle fries. After lunch, we felt super thirsty and felt uncomfortable. Anyone allergic to heavy season might want to avoid. The staff are trying to rush us to order, then quickly ask how is the food when we haven’t taken our first bite (photo taking) and quickly clean the table after we were done to say goodbye. It’s not the same PS cafe like old times.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Cute decor. Beautiful cakes on display (didn't have any though).
Ordered just Americano and a cappuccino. Very good.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

È setting of this cafe attracted our visit to it. My friends had their lunch whereas it’s just a drink for me. Clearly communicated to è staff that I m just having a drink, there she come setting up my space for food. No issue. We sorted that out ourselves. With è food, she’s persistent in placing it in front of me even when there’s obviously no cutlery. Coffee came with no sugar. When asked for it, a single piece of sugar was brought. At è end of everything a server asked if everything is alright we commented è food is not too bad but terrible service. He didn’t bother to find out why. It was a dead silence on è other end of è dialogue. We were puzzled do è server decide for us if who’s having what to eat and if we should drink our coffee without sugar and if any, just one.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Disclaimer: I'm really not sure why this outlet is receiving such negative feedback but I really had a great dining experience when I was there.

P.S. Cafe recently opened a new outlet at Raffles City (< 6 months old!) and I finally went to try it last week.

The ambience of the place was great! When I stepped in, it felt like I instantly teleported to another place - it didn't felt like I was in a shopping mall. With that said, it might be challenging to get seats here if you did not make any reservations. Be sure to make your reservations before heading down!

The food was great as usual - we tried the king prawn aglio olio, PS Burger and the sticky date pudding! Other than the PS burger being a little bit dry, everything else was good! The aglio olio is one of its signature dishes and it really didn't disappoint.

The service was good as well; I also noticed that the waiters/waitresses were predominantly made up of young folks! They were pretty attentive throughout our time there. One of the staff - a petite lady - was in charge of serving us the whole night (Sorry I didn't get your name!) and she was very nice! She was smiling all the time and made us feel very welcome at the restaurant. Kudos to her for displaying such a good service attitude! :)

Will definitely be back here next time!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We thought we would grab a late, light dinner.

The polite young man who seated us said the last orders would be at 9:15, they'd give us the check at 9:30, and "the restaurant would close at 10". Fine.

He took our orders (chicken parmigiani and crab tarts), returned with water then left. After some time, the chicken arrived but no crab. We thus shared the chicken, which was decent. We finished the chicken, but still no crab. A table of diners who arrived after us were happily tucking into their food, clearly no issues there.

We asked a young waitress to check on the order. The supervisor overhead and went to check. She then returned with a strange question - what did we order? I told her, and to my surprise, she said it was not in the system. She was apologetic and offered to expedite the order, but we did not want it any longer. She offered to give the chicken on the house, but we declined. We didn't want it going on her tab, and it was wrong in principle. She tried her best in the circumstances, but that did not answer the mysterious question of the vanishing crab tarts.

For a place which charges the prices it does for fare one could get at almost any decent cafe, this was really disappointing - and unacceptable.

PS: It will be some time before we return to PS.

Date of visit: March 2018