“Interesting experience”

Byblos Grill
Ranked #359 of 12,358 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Neighbourhood: Kampong Glam
Description: Inspired by his cross-cultural culinary adventures ,expect the unexpected with Chef Mohamad Salim's exceptional menu at BYBLOS GRILL. We offer signature Lebanese Mezza such as Hummus, Tabbouleh, and Kibbeh. Chef Mohamad discover his own special recipes of favorite charcoal grill dishes such as Byblos Mixed Grill, Lamb Kofta and the delicious Byblos Beef Steak.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Staff was enthusiastic and fun. Food was good and delicious. The atmosphere at the al fresco section was perfect! Good for hangjng with friends.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant last evening with my friends it’s our first visiting Lebanese food the food were delicious and serving were fantastic friendly staff really from one manager called hagras so kind and amazing lamb mandi

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I completely agree with the two previous reviews, this place has some big problems.

Lets start with the service - it was very hurried which makes you wonder why they hadn't taken on a couple of additional waiting staff for the evening. The service was so hurried in fact that my wife's main meal, a falafel wrap, never even arrived.

Normally you'd expect an apology from the waiting staff but the apologies from the Byblos waiter was anything but heartfelt. In fact, they had the audacity to add a service charge on at the end! When I queried this and told them I wasn't paying it, they said that we hadn't been charged for the missing falafel wrap. That's the least I would expect.

The food that did make it's way to our table wasn't particularly memorable. A tepid hummus with pita being one of the low points.

All in all, a very poor dining experience.

ByblosTeam, Public Relations Manager at Byblos Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hi Rajan M, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you had a bad experience with us. We take our reviews seriously and will look into this closely to ensure patron satisfaction. We hope to have you dine with us again soon. Best wishes from us at Byblos Grill.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Have passed this restaurant a few times before but never tried. Finally decided to try it last Tuesday evening. I ordered the chicken fatteh which was delicious. My husband had the seafood combo. Staff went out of their way to make us happy. My kids wanted lasagne which was not on the menu but the owner, Mr Mohamad, said they could make it for them which he personally did. The lasagne was so cheesy that my husband and I ended up finishing it for the kids.I am definitely coming back to this restaurant again.

Hands down the best hospitality on the street!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Sorry, but our experience of this restaurant was pretty horrible. The waiters’ lack of respect for their customers really shocked me and my friends.

It took over 1.5 hours before the first course arrived, and some of us ended up cancelling their foodorder after waiting for over two hours for the waiters to bring the food. And the food tasted like s***. Taken straight out of the refridgirator, ice cold chicken fatteh:(

It should be mentioned that the restaurant understood our disatisfaction, and agreed to waive the service fee for us, which was a nice of them. But still, I would never recommend this restaurant for any sane person.

ByblosTeam, Public Relations Manager at Byblos Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Kasper F, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you had a bad experience with us. We take our reviews seriously and will look into this closely to ensure patron satisfaction. We hope to have you dine with us again soon. Cheers!