Book now, pay at stay
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$327
US$229
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$264/night.

Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$110
US$100
ibis
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$131
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

One Farrer Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$187
Priceline
Hotel G Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$130
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$785
US$516
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
All reviewsunited squareshopping centrebus stop rightmain buildingbig roomconvenient locationnewtonvelocityfitaxis
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Run down place and the brothel on the second floor is a depressing/shameful place with sex slaves brought in from all over South East Asia. A very sad sight indeed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
11  Thank _Mundo_Traveler_11
Reviewed 21 April 2012

A really ordinary place which I will try hard to avoid next time I am in Singapore. The staff were very pleasant and let me check in very early, but the room was grubby. It was an unrefurbished room, but that didn't mean that it had to be so unloved. I ended up telling my daughter not to touch the curtains, because every time they were moved, billows of old dust erupted from them. A hostess bar for decrepit Chinese gentleman tourists was off the main lobby.

I didn't take the breakfast. Newton Hawker market is 5 minutes walk away, and open for breakfast. I did try the Bakuteh pork soup lunch set at the restaurant one day and it was fantastic.

The pool was the high point of the stay. Spacious, clean, swimming with the stars above, and the sound of the traffic below was a nice way to finish up the day.

A real mixed bag this hotel. If it was cleaner, I would give it a 3 or 4 easily.

Room Tip: Make sure it is a refurbished room, maybe you might have more luck than me.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Was not thrilled... Hotel needs some refurbishing.. Rooms are not in a good shape.. Very cold AC and hard mattresses... Had a hard time to get internet connection, which was finally discovered at the lobby in old computers with tokens... It had a gentlemen's club as part of the amenities... So-so food.. But the price was right for all above. I guess if you are not planning to spend much time in the Hotel it might be very economical decision to stay there as lots of other places in Singapore are very VERY pricy.

Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Sofocona
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed there for only a night for my biz trip. The hotel is virtually old hotel but clean. It is far to Orchard Road but it is good if you like to exercise by walking to it. Breakfast is so so...room is very big but old design and you can smell old stuffs once you get in to the room. Taxi is not easy to get although the concierge has already put a signal for taxi to come. What I can conclude this is a so so hotel for everything but at least it is a safe hotel.....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Royal Singapore for 4 nights with my mother and we were extremely disappointed with our stay. Our room on the 13th floor was very run down - it had a horrible musty smell, the carpet was frayed, the towels and bath maths were torn, the bedsheets looked dirty, and the two chairs in the room were SO dirty, we didn't even want to sit on them!! Housekeeping was the worst - they couldn't even make the beds properly! We had to complain that they hadn't even swept the bathroom floor, and even after complaining they didn't do it! We also asked them to change the chairs in our room so that we could have a place to sit apart from the bed (!!) and they didn't do that either. Breakfast was extremely average - the breakfast area is very small and with so many guests, it takes forever to get your food! Most of the food was cold and there were ants in the danish pastries!! The *only* good thing about this hotel is it's location - it's about a 7-10 minute walk to the Novena MRT and there is a bus stop right outside the hotel, and it's also close by to some malls. I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone, - my mom and I were depressed to come back to the hotel every evening! We paid WAY too much for such a run down place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family