All reviews united square bus stop right main building shopping centre big room convenient location newton velocity fi
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I complained about the furniture being torn and the bathroom being dirty - hair all over the bath and the shower recess so dirty you couldn't see through it. There was no internet in the room unless you paid a $50 sing deposit on top of the $8per hour you already had to pay. On top of this I was charged $300 sing for the privilege on the guise that this was a self rated 4 star hotel from motif. Upon complaining to both Wotif I was told it was beyond their control. Upon complaining to the hotel I was sent a poor bell boy to deal with my issues. When I called management I was told that the duty manage had gone awol. I insisted so a teenager from the front desk was sent to talk to me. She nodded and offered me another room with exactly the same problems i.e. dirty bathroom, torn furniture,etc. Utterly depressing and worst thing about the place was the complete indifference.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Judds09
Reviewed 22 July 2011

at first, i was hesitant to stay at this hotel due to its bad reviews. but when i got there, it was ok. yet a bit old, it's a cozy hotel. the staff are not strict. yes, you carry your own bags to the room but it was fine. (did not have to give tips) hehehe..... the location was very convenient. it's near a mall, a grocery store, a 5 min drive to orchard and little india. just don't have big expectations. it really is not a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank md_traveler31
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We spent 2 nights at this hotel as part of a stopover package which was included in an airfare to Europe. I was not impressed by this hotel.

The check-in was slow compared to other hotels that we have stayed in, in Singapore and elsewhere.

I chose this hotel (out of a list of 5 hotels offered by the airline) because it is advertised as having a swimming pool. Upon arrival, however, we were told that the pool was closed "indefinately". This was in late June 2011 - I do not know if it has since been re-opened.

The air conditioning vent in one of our rooms leaked. There were no towels provided in the bathrooms - I had to call housekeeping to request some. There was also no plug in the bath - again, I had to call housekeeping to obtain one. We could hear loud plumbing noises when water was used in the adjacent rooms.

I saw the advertised rack rates at Reception and have no doubt that you could easily find better value for money accommodation elsewhere in Singapore (as we did on our return journey).

i would also strongly advise against using their 'busines centre'. I tried to use it to do an internet check-in and it took me almost an hour to do what I could have done elsewhere in under 5 minutes. There is basically no printing capability and their computers are extremely slow. All in all, a very frustrating experience!

Ona positive note, we thought that the breakfast buffet was good quality and value for money.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LeahSydney01
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Room was dirty and old. The room also smelled bad. It needs a renovation.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jmchin
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed for 10 nights at the Royal and found it to be a reasonable hotel in a good location. The rooms were of a good standard, and well cleaned. We had to move rooms part of the way through our stay due to the interconnecting door allowing way too much sound through. We couldn't sleep when our neighbour had a persistent cough. The breakfast was great, with a wide selection of both Western and Asian dishes. It was a short walk to Novena, which was convenient. We could have done without the sleazy karaoke bar in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple