“Solid”

Le Bistrot du Sommelier
Ranked #818 of 11,374 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le Bistrot du Sommelier is an informal, authentic French restaurant where the wines are in the spotlight with the food menu carefully planned to accentuate the wines, all this to provide a most charming, gustatory experience. You will be welcomed most warmly by our staff, who are all well equipped to assist you in planning your menu.
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I went to this place on a Monday night with friends. The frog legs were excellent. The cassoulet was solid without being exceptional. The wine was good. Service was attentive. It was busy for a quite Monday night. Solid and worth a visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I returned with a friend to this restaurant for the first time for a while and was very impressed.
When making the reservation they sms'd us with details of items on the menu which required some time to order,in case we wanted to pre-order,which was a good idea.
When we arrived they knew our preferences immediately,and also apologised for one item which was on the menu but not available.Good attention to detail.
We started with frogs legs and salad which was excellent.My friend's John Dory fish was good but not outstanding.My duck breast (substantial when this option is often nouvel cuisine in restaurants) was superb.The apricot shuffle was to die for.The bread and butter were perfect.The service was excellent,a rarity in Singapore.
My one negative about this restaurant is the wine.The wine list is interesting and extensive enough,but really comprises all expensive wines.I think they would do well to provide some more economic options for those who don't want to spend $100+ on wine.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

This is authentic French Bistro in the heart of Singapore. They have cleverly managed to create a lovely atmosphere serving delicious authentic food. The confit of duck is always a winner as are the frog legs and steak/frittes. They always have interesting and unusual french wines by the glass that enhance the food. Service is always with a smile. I have enjoyed many good meals here.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Le bistrot du Sommelier is well located in a quiet street near to a car park: easy to park! The place offers both indoor and outdoor dining. The decor is simple but typical of french regional restaurant. Reminds me of the "bouchon" from Lyon. Staff is friendly and efficient. But the best is obviously the food and the selection of wines. The menu offers a good variety of french regional dishes, very authentic and very tasty. Try les rillettes or the soup de poissons or the onglet of beef... Delicious!
The wine list is great. You have the choice between reasonably priced regionsl wines and the more renown chateaux. Nice selection of gourmet desserts as well will make the whole experience very enjoyable.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I was invited to this restaurant for dinner this week. I have never heard of it and it didn't seem easy to locate. However Gps guided me safely there and there was ample parking in an open space carpark just a 3 min walk away.

I was invited to try their pig trotters which was a speciality. My friend ordered the duck. The pig trotters were braised and cooked till deliciously soft. It was served with potatoes and vege but those were unmemorable. What deserves review is that pig trotter! I wasn't a fan but I must say that this was simply delicious. The duck was also tender and well cooked.

But special mention must be made of the
canele. The outside was richly carmelized whilst the center was soft and yummy. It was simply delicious.