“I'd be dancing with joy about how good the food was if I wasn't in public”

Kucina Italian Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #94 of 13,697 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Geylang
Neighbourhood: Geylang
Reviewed 17 May 2021

Quite possibly the best Italian Food I’ve had in a while. It was my first time in KINEX and of all the nearby restaurants and foodstalls packed into the basement floor, nothing else smelled quite as good or delivered on its obligation to provide quality food as this shop.

My partner and I had the Pescatora with squid ink chitarra and La Barca Funghi E Tartufo for mains. And dayum, did it leave an impression. The pasta sauce was so smooth and well incorporated with the pasta. And the pizza, the sauce to bread ratio was perfect, it was crispy outside while soft and fluffy inside.

While the dessert and appetizer offerings did not leave as strong of an impression as the mains, they were definitely solid contenders. The Arancini Siciliani was certainly a unique dish rarely seen elsewhere in Singapore. And the Tiramisu was a textbook example of a well-made dessert. Defo a place to return to once things go back to normal.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (190)

Reviewed 16 May 2021

I had the La Barca Funghi E Tartufo as the main. For this dish, the bombardment of different flavours and textures creates a new taste and textural experience upon every bite. From the strong nutty taste of the truffle, followed by the creamy and earthy taste of the creamy mushroom sauce to the crunchy then chewy texture of the bread, it felt exotic and ideal for a novel food treat. I really loved the effort taken to make the bread as a fish pond shape. I recommend this for avid truffle LOVERS!!

As for the dessert, I had the Pannacotta.
This dish is a refreshing rich creamy pudding dessert well topped with raspberry sauce. I recommend it as a simple creamy and sweet dessert. A must try for milk cream lovers!!

Reviewed 15 May 2021

Dish Ordered: Arancini Siciliani(Appetizer)
Description from menu:
Breaded saffron rice balls stuffed with beef ragu, mozzarella & parmesan served with spicy sauce

The rice balls were really delicious and the different cheeses added were well combined to provide a slight spicy note at the end. I particularly loved how the crunchy textures from the crispy crust of the balls complemented the soft rice stuffings which allowed for an interesting intertwining of textures that melted in our mouths.
When I placed it in my mouth, there was an explosion of flavours from the cheese, salt and tangy and spicy sauce. In addition to that, the ASMR from the crispness of the crust was an added bonus in this dish. Would definitely recommend it.

Dish Ordered: Tartufo
Description from menu:
Mushroom cream sauce with black truffle pate & truffle oil
Chosen pasta: Tagliatelle

As someone personally not a big fan of creamy pasta, this pasta was just nice and scrumptious. The creaminess as the whole was light and complemented the mild truffle flavour. I personally liked the crumbs of cheese and crunchy mushroom which added more textual elements to the food. I chose the Tagliatelle pasta type and have no regrets as it was delicious and something new for me. Overall the ambience was chill and cosy, providing a great eating experience.

Reviewed 12 May 2021 via mobile

Visited Kucina on a Monday afternoon and I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. I had the La Barca Funghi E Tartufo - a pizza dish shaped like a Pide, topped with a cheesy, creamy, truffle mushroom filling. It was DELICIOUS. It is a very creamy dish so it would be great for sharing but honestly, I had most of it to myself and I didn’t find it too overwhelming. I would have loved a little more of the nicely charred mushrooms on top though! It lent the dish a nice earthiness to complement the richness of it all. We had the Pannacotta for dessert which was really good too. The raspberry and mango coulis was just tart enough to cut through the smooth creamy pudding. It was a really pleasant experience overall and I’ll definitely be back to try more dishes! The restaurant has a warm ambience and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a chill, fuss-free but delicious Italian meal.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 10 May 2021

1) Bistecca: Black Angus Ribeye with baby carrots and potatoes in black pepper sauce

I had this in medium rare, and it was really not bad! The presentation was nice, BBQ sauce paired with the meat perfectly. Funnily enough I loved the potatoes and carrots and wished they gave me in greater portions. Would recommend one to share it instead though bc it’s quite a large serving and I couldn’t finish it :(

2) La Barca Funghi E Tartufo:
Creamy mushroom sauce with black truffle pate mozzarella and smoked scamorza drizzled with truffle oil

This was really good! Done perfectly and wasn’t burnt at all. The creaminess of the mushroom sauce wasn’t too overpowering for someone who can’t take carbonara, and the dough was done perfectly - not too soft. Paired with the mushroom and cream, it was really good. This may get a little gelat at the end, so would be good if you could share both the steak and this! Pretty addictive I found my fork reaching for more.

3) Panna Cotta: Drizzed with fruit drizzles with a hint of passion fruit.

After the heaviness of the two mains, I found this quite the perfect pairing. It looks smooth and bouncy, light on the palette especially with the fruity sauces decorating the plate. It vanished with a few mouths.

Side note:
Staff is super friendly and nice, feel free to ask anything. You need to pay for water! It’s 50cents per cup. They also have a wide array of drinks available that looked promising. The place itself is a cozy restaurant in KINEX, quiet and comfortable. Good for catch ups, especially on a weekday lunch.