Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$156
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

Wangz Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$172
Agoda.com
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$231
US$270
US$247
Sofitel
US$124
US$104
ibis
Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$114
ibis
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$171
US$148
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$396
US$275
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$353/night.

One Farrer Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$147
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
US$863
US$624
MarinaBaySands
1,022 results
All reviewsloft roomprivilege loungeaccor memberfrosted glassshower and toiletmiddle roadsofa bedstandard roomswimming poolmobile phonefree callslounge accesswelcome drinkstrategic locationmodern hotelbusiness triphaji lane
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I spend 3 days 2 nights at singapore recently and stayed at this hotel. Very nice new hotel and the services are great too just as I experienced services from other Mercure hotels. 5 minutes walk to Bugis MRT and Brass Basah MRT.
Recommended place to stay in singapore if you travel everywhere with MTR as I did.
The downside of this hotel is their jacuzzi is with cold water, they need to fix that and make it hot water, other than that everything else are very nice.
You could save ~SG$ 100/night when you are a member of Accor Plus.
I will stay again at this hotel in the future.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
ha0d7gm1, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Singapore Bugis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

hi nielsassa,

Warm Greetings from Mercure Singapore Bugis!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and we have shared this comment with the team. However, would like to extend our our sincerest apologies of giving you such a late response, it was due to the glitch on the login.

Please feel free to contact me at ha0d7-gm1@accor.com should you require further clarification.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

First time stay in this hotel. Small compare to ibis Bencoolen.Overall I can rate very good. Room was given me was ok but not good for business person.
No space for work table where we can put our laptop and seat.
Food is good.
Swimming pool and Gym is on 7 th floor and its operational.
Staff is good.
This hotel is good for families.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kalsulkar

Hi Kalsulkar,

Warm Greetings from Mercure Singapore Bugis!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and we have shared the comment with the team.

I totally agreed with you the standard room is not suitable for someone if they need a work desk, however, I would recommend The Loft, which come with a bigger desk.

However, we would like to extend our our sincerest apologies of giving you such a late response, it was due to the glitch on the login.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I really want to love this hotel, but I can't.

First, the positives. The location is excellent. Just a short walk to the Bugis metro and main shopping centers. The important aspects of the room (bed comfort, quietness, shower pressure, hot water, internet) were all excellent. The staff members were very friendly and willing to help out quite eagerly. The staff really seemed to enjoy working there. The room, while quite small, seemed to have most of the functional items that were needed (hair dryer, safe). There is a pool on the 7th floor that is quite nice - a sort of an "infinity" pool. While it is rather narrow and long (in keeping with the general feeling of trying to jam an awful lot into a small space), it did seem to do the job. Breakfast had a nice selection, and was served until 10:30am.

One small note - although the street address is on Middle Road, the main entrance of the hotel is actually in the back of the hotel. Since it is a new hotel, taxis do not know the place yet, and I got dropped off at the wrong side of the hotel late at night. It might be good to remind the taxi that there is an entry through an alley on Queen Street.

So I want to love the hotel, but I can't. And there are two main reasons for this. As other reviewers have commented, the size is very restrictive. I was not so concerned about that fact that there is little room to walk around the bed, but I was taken aback by the fact that the room had no closet! There was no closet! Hanging on the wall was a metal device on which you could hang clothes. The problem was that the width of the space provided for clothes was less than the width of a standard American shirt hanger. It is almost as though the designer of the hotel room did not expect guests to travel with their clothing. Really puzzling why a pretty nice hotel would use as closet-saving trick that you typically see in very downmarket budget properties.

However, the biggest problem that I had was with the lack of a bathroom. I am not sure what is behind the recent craze to make the toilet fixture an integral part of the sleeping area. In this case, there is a small enclosure (barely big enough for a person) that contains the toilet. It is basically just some frosted glass that separates the toilet from the rest of the bedroom. So if you travel with a partner, you get the wonderful view of your partner sitting on the toilet while you are watching television. What's more, the frosted glass does not even go to the ceiling, so you get to enjoy the sounds and smells at the same time. I cannot begin to think what someone was thinking when they designed this. And just to make things complete, if one person gets up at night to use the toilet, and turns on the light, the flight floods the entire bedroom, waking up the other person (so the other person can fully enjoy). It is baffling.

In truth, it is quite a shame. This could be a nice hotel, but for some reason design decisions were made that incorporate features commonly found in budget properties. I can't in good faith recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobby_l
RhysTChallenger, General Manager at Mercure Singapore Bugis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Dear Bobby_l,

Thank you for your review.

Now that the hotel has been open for almost 5 months now we do hope we can welcome you back to see the fantastic improvements we have made.

Thank you and hopefully see you soon.

Regards,
Rhys Challenger

Reviewed 27 July 2016

The hotel lobby and general decoration is good.
The location is good also, the staff is professional.
It is advertised as a 4 stars property.

When you go in the room, you find directly the washbasin on one side and the toilet and shower on the other side. Then you realize you are in the bathroom.
The room is so small you have no table, no chair, no wardrobe, no place to put a suitcase or anything else.
Why not? But why 4 stars?

I do not complain about the hotel. I complain about the stars!
If this is 4 stars, I can see that the next 5 stars I will be staying in I will be writing my review sitting on the toilet bowl!

Room Tip: not sure there is any?
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Philippe B
RhysTChallenger, General Manager at Mercure Singapore Bugis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Philippe,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel.

We have taken your comments on board and have reviewed your details with my management team.

We know we have space constraints in some rooms however we do feel the designers have made fantastic use of what space we have. Unfortunately we only have this space to work with however we do think our price point reflects our rooms compared to our competitors.

Thank you again for your review and would be happy to invite you back to show you our larger rooms, which are also available at different price points online, so please take advantage of this.

Hopefully we see you again.

Regards,

Rhys Challenger

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Can't fault the location of this hotel especially if you're into good local food. We checked in after midnight, so quick and easy as there was no one else around. Room small didn't like the glass cubical's for the shower and toilet. Breakfast was good lots to choose from. Pool is nice to come back to after a long hot day. The concierge (Ashok) was most helpful helping us sort out tours. Would definitely stay again should we return to Singapore.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline W

Dear Pauline W,

Warm Greetings from Mercure Singapore Bugis!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and we are delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and plan to put up with us again in your next visit. We have also shared your experience with the team especially Ashok.

However, I would like to extend the sincerest apologies of giving you such a late response, it was due to the glitch on the login.