“Interesting concept, must Try!”
Review of Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ranked #2,923 of 12,428 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed 15 September 2017

They only open for 3 days a week, the food is authentic American and great. Price is reasonable. The menu is limited but they always have vegan options.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Quaint restaurant in the Bishan-Marymount area. The pulled pork, gumbo and carb-free meal are all highly recommendable. Friendly prices too, and service is attentive. Will definitely come back!

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

My friend and I made a unanimous decision to go back to Soul Kitchen a second time for our dose of comfort food because we loved the nommies (both savoury and sweet) and the service.

The servers and the owner always make us feel at home. They provide a good balance of attentiveness (without imposing) and time and space for the patrons to enjoy their company and meals.

The cafe serves soul food which tastes like they've truly been made with love - biscuits and gravy, hash, pork sausages, and more! The portion of the food is also just right for 2 ladies. The cakes and pastries change daily and are baked by the owner's wife.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Soul Kitchen opened on the first floor of an industrial building and since I live nearby I decided to try it once, and was so amazed at how good the food was, that I liked their Facebook page and have been checking it daily! They open for breakfast and lunch on weekdays, and on Saturday they do a brunch [They do not open for dinner, and they are closed on Sundays]. The wonderful thing about this place is their menu changes EVERY DAY and they post the menu every morning on Facebook. So although you only have 2 choices of mains for lunch, you can't really complain because you know they put in so much effort and thought into those 2 choices. The first time I went I had the Chicken & Sausage Gumbo which was so tasty. They freshly bake 1-2 cakes each day and the Snickers Cake I had was delicious - moist, not to sweet, and the flavours were nicely balanced.
My only advice would be to go early OR call before you go down to check if they have the item you want- as they only make a certain number of portions per day. I went one Friday at 1pm and was told they were totally out of ALL food as they had an overwhelming number of guests that lunch.
The staff are friendly and warm, and you can tell they are proud of what they do and are thus as helpful and understanding as possible.
Would definitely recommend Soul Kitchen to anyone willing to find their way to Pemimpin!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

My girlfriends went for their breakfast and I joined them much later. I was arrived 30mins before Soul Kitchen starts their lunch and the crew was pretty nice to hand over the breakfast menu and asked if I want breakfast or wait 30mins for lunch. I asked for their lunch menu and they have 2 mains. Little selection but I think its good for easy decision making. Crew was polite and asked if I can wait 30mins for lunch. I was happy and asked for coffee.

Lunch came promptly and I topped up $1 for the daily tea. Lunch was Broccoli creamed rice and tasty good. Tea was superb.

I had a good lunch with my girlfriends and will surely visit again.

Prices were reasonable and slightly cheaper than usual café.

Minus point: stools. The stools got no backing and if you are thinking of long breakfast and long lunches, back will ache.